Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Polonia

Article about: Hello everyone, could you help identify that item. I found it at family house Between many others.

Default Polonia

Polonia
    Polonia
    Hello everyone, could you help identify that item. I found it at family house Between many others.

My guess is a button from an WWI Austrian Army jacket. A pic of the backside would be helpful.
    John

ATTACH=CONFIG]1097104[/ATTACH]
    There's back side
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polonia  

I don't know for sure, looks Polish. The definition of Polonia is person of Polish descent living outside of Poland.

Wz.19 eagle pattern, and IMO there’s little doubt it’s Polish. I’d wager that it is of US manufacture, possibly early 1920’s, produced for Blue Army vets or one of the Polish fraternal organizations of the era.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Cross-posting at same time as sitges1990, and he’s got it right. It’s the “Polonia” stamp that led me to suspect US manufacture
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello everyone
    Another beautiful find from my garden. Anyone knows who made It?
    Polonia
    Polonia