Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

polska swemu obroncy original?

Article about: hello, want to make sure this medal is original

Default polska swemu obroncy original?

hello, want to make sure this medal is original

polska swemu obroncy original?polska swemu obroncy original?

3mk
    ?

Default Re: polska swemu obroncy original?

Hi Nvidia,

The medal looks okay to me, with its period rivetted ribbon which I think is common for these medals. The award box appears to be Polish post-war communist issue.

was this one issued between 1945- 47? thanks

no it was awarded during the IIRP period.
    the box is a post merit cross one.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    no it was awarded during the IIRP period.
    This was definitely not a pre-war decoration.

Quote by nvidia101 View Post
    was this one issued between 1945- 47? thanks
    I don’t think so. Posted below is a ‘wartime’ issue “London type” next to this one. Take note of differences in the suspension, and narrower gauge ribbon ring. Also, a lighter coloured alloy was used. There were also variants made in Switzerland and France, apparently shortly after the war. And then re-strikes of the British version supposedly in the 1960's along with one or more versions made in Poland for veterans. There’s scant little information on the various types that were produced. This cross could be a veteran’s issue, or a copy which are now on the market.

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images polska swemu obroncy original? 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

it was issued in 1945 by Polish gov in London, which was a continuation of IIRP.
    technically Polish government in London was a continuation of IIRP and operated till 1989.

what does the veterans issue look like compared to this one? it could maybe be it. a late 1960's issue with minature.

It’s generally agreed that the IIRP (Polish Second Republic) era applies to the Polish State between the two world wars. True, the Polish Government in Exile legally represented the pre-war government on foreign soil until France, the US and Great Britain withdrew their recognition in 1945, leading some to argue that the IIRP ended then. I hold the common view that the Polish Second Republic era ended with the partition of Poland by Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union in 1939.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    It’s generally agreed that the IIRP (Polish Second Republic) era applies to the Polish State between the two world wars. True, the Polish Government in Exile legally represented the pre-war government on foreign soil until France, the US and Great Britain withdrew their recognition in 1945, leading some to argue that the IIRP ended then. I hold the common view that the Polish Second Republic era ended with the partition of Poland by Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union in 1939.

Regards,
    Tony
    My grandmother would disagree with you :-) I still consider London gov as an extension of IIRP - recognized or not.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    My grandmother would disagree with you :-) I still consider London gov as an extension of IIRP - recognized or not.
    I agree with you that the Polish government-in-exile was the legal successor of the government of the 2nd Republic. But a far as when the Polish 2nd Republic effectively ceased to exist, let’s just agree to disagree, with all due respect to you and your babcia

Quote by nvidia101 View Post
    what does the veterans issue look like compared to this one? it could maybe be it. a late 1960's issue with miniature.
    See side by side comparison below. The medal on the left is the first “London” issue, and the one on the right supposedly British made in the 1960’s, but there no real proof of that. This is but one of several supposed veterans issues.

The medal you as asking about may very well be a legitimate Polish made issue that was mated to the first issue style riveted ribbon. As to when it was made, sorry, I do not know.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture polska swemu obroncy original?   polska swemu obroncy original?