Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Post your Polish Battledress

Article about: As the title says, post your Polish battledress!Tony I know you have a closet full of them!

Default Re: Post your Polish Battledress

Tony,
    Thank you to allow me to post picture on the blog !
    Unfortunately, there is no label on the inside of the battledress. A friend of mine who knows well english militaria, hesitated between a "1946 pattern" or an "USA made"...
    ZP

You are most welcome as always ZP.

As far as your CKM BD, the collar cut is British so therefore methinks a ’46-er.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    Tony, Thank you for the information !
    ZP

Here are some old auction pics from the archives. This very nice grouping containing a 1940 pattern BD belonged to a junior officer of the 10th Mounted Rifles of the 1st Armoured Division. The lot sold on ebay back in 2005 for about $1600 US. Alas, not to me, although it was located about 30 minutes from my front door. One that got away!

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your Polish Battledress   Post your Polish Battledress  

Post your Polish Battledress   Post your Polish Battledress  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony,
    I remember well this tunic ! I had seen it on ebay Canada when it was proposed. It was sold to a french man in North of France.
    Here is the breast badge from this tunic (I made archives also...) :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great items !
    ZP

Quote by ze-pole View Post
    . . . It was sold to a french man in North of France. . .
    That wouldn’t be you would it???

The seller was a militaria dealer located here near me in the Vancouver area. I was only made aware of the auction a couple of days after it closed.

I’ve always found the shoulder titles on this BD intriguing. They are an unusual type and I don’t recall ever seeing these on a 1st Armoured BD. Very similar to the weave of those found on period air force tunics, although of course those are on a blue background.

Regards,
    Tony

Hello,
    Eh No, Tony, unfortunately, I am not this lucky buyer... I would have liked.
    For the titles "Poland", I have never seen this model before. I would say they are perhaps taylor made...
    ZP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2