Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

PSZ Military Police

Article about: Ade, I have 110, 111, 112, on a green square for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Battalions, .... I think it looks like the 79 was the sub-unit marking for the MP transport. Another shot in the motorpool c

Default Re: PSZ Military Police

Congrats on such a serendipitous purchase ...you and your family must be thrilled to have seen your grandfather in the photos!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Thank you, yes I'm very happy because those pictures are first which confirm my grandfather service in Tobruk POW Camp. And now is another question about the one small pin. The family story said that my grandpa receive the pin from Italian soldier who was in the camp.
    For long time I presume that the pin is modern... but now when 50% the story is true... I'll back to the subject.

PSZ Military Police

...maybe it's not a good place for asking but, any ideas ?

Thanks
    Seb
    Last edited by Sebol; 07-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Gentlemen

Here is my small collection of żandarmeria badges. If anyone has a spare fabric collar tab that I can add the single grenade to I'd be very happy to come to some sort of accommodation.

Are the numbers on the badge attributable? I'd like to find out who this set belonged to if possible. I notice that the first picture posted by Gary J shows the number 893, two lower than mine. I wonder if there is any significance in that?

All the best

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PSZ Military Police   PSZ Military Police  

Hi James, nice set!

I don’t know for certain if there’s a list that attributes these badges by serial number. If there is such a list extant no doubt the PISM in London would have it.

Good question re the possible significance of two badges with very close serial numbers. Sometimes this is an indicator of surplus badges, such as the unissued 1st Para brigade badges in specific lot numbers that pop up for sale not too infrequently. Perhaps there was a batch of unissued żandarmeria badges in the upper 800’s, although somewhere I read or heard that numbered żandarmeria badges were issued. I have an unissued one bearing no serial number.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello! Just joined and am reviewing various "threads." Hope this reply is sent correctly & gets read. I have a Police Badge Number 079 that came with a Polish 2nd. Corp Lance Sergeant BD blouse that I purchased in mid 1980's. . Sewn medal ribbons include the Independence Medal, War Medal 1918-1921, Polish War Medal 1939-1945 with two attached bars, & the 1939-1945 Star. It also has the metal/enamel collar pennons. Sleeve insignia include the 2nd. Corp patch & "POLAND" tabs. This number is very low. were the badges awarded sequentially?? Possible, as this gentleman has such early awards: also, the two bars on Polish War Medal 1939-1945. Sorry no pictures to post;I don't have a camera or how to send them if I did!!! Regards, Mike.

Quote by Mike View Post
    . . . I have a Police Badge Number 079 that came with a Polish 2nd. Corp Lance Sergeant BD blouse that I purchased in mid 1980's. . Sewn medal ribbons include the Independence Medal, War Medal 1918-1921, Polish War Medal 1939-1945 with two attached bars, & the 1939-1945 Star. It also has the metal/enamel collar pennons. Sleeve insignia include the 2nd. Corp patch & "POLAND" tabs. This number is very low. were the badges awarded sequentially?? Possible, as this gentleman has such early awards: also, the two bars on Polish War Medal 1939-1945. Sorry no pictures to post;I don't have a camera or how to send them if I did!!! Regards, Mike.
    Hello Mike and welcome to the forum,

For the most part badges were issued sequentially, with lower numbers indicating an earlier award. You’re correct in observing that the presence of pre-war decorations might correlate to the early number of the badge.

Please do try to post some pictures by borrowing a friend’s camera. We can coach you along with the simple process of posting the images. In this manner we may be able to tell you more about your BD blouse.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thanks for responding to my recent post. I'm still seeking a camera to send pics of the BD. No name in tunic, but the manufactures label has the following info: Height 6'1" to 6'2" & "the West Auckland Clothing Co. Ltd. 23 Aug 1944." Obviously an imposing MP: at least by my standards (I'm a little over 5'4").I'm positive this is not a "put together" blouse. Guess I may never know the MP's name, unless there are any records of to whom specific badge numbers were issued. P.S. Just recently learned that Professor Wesolowski is in the hospital for at least another month. Don't know any details. Wishing him all the best, and hope he doesn't mind me posting this information. Regards, Mike.

Hello,
    About the police units of the PSZ. Here are the picture of a licence to drive from a member of the 8th Platoon of the Military Police of the 1rst polish armoured division :

And a diplom :

Best regards.
    Ze-Pole

?

Hi guys,

My grandfather Army Book 64 from the Provost Platoon of Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade.

PSZ Military Police

?

Hi,

I get great book titled "Marches and Traffic Control" published in 1942 by Provost Group from Carpathian Infantry Division. It's a collection of knowledge about duty on the Traffic Control posts and their equipment.

PSZ Military Police

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast