Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAF/PSZ cap

Article about: Hallo Can I kindly request some kind of identification of this cap? Generally I interest about the eagle couse cap definitely its original (Moss brothers) its a fake or original and its war

Default RAF/PSZ cap

Hallo

Can I kindly request some kind of identification of this cap? Generally I interest about the eagle couse cap definitely its original (Moss brothers) its a fake or original and its war time cap or veteran self made happy art.
    And last technical question, anybody meet already typical RAF cap (golden buttons) with material polish air eagle or metal one?
    Thanks in advance and all the best
    Orson
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF/PSZ cap   RAF/PSZ cap  

RAF/PSZ cap   RAF/PSZ cap  

It seems to be in order, probably period - what is the provenance on it? The only thing that stands our to me is that it may be partially original, partially messed with but to what end? The buttons are not correct for an offices RAF cap - they should be black fabric covered ones and if you look at the mohair band where the PAF badge is there is evidence of an RAF officers bullion badge being there previously. I'd conjecture that the badge is probably legitimately wartime as it has nice age, patina and is not a more recent modern PAF badge pretending to be wartime and that they Polish officer in question repurposed an RAF off the peg ready to wear cap. It is probable that the chinstrap and buttons were missing and those were added later by someone not knowing what should be there.

RAF/PSZ cap

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

For me it is a put together item and I would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank a lot for Your interest, really appreciate...
    Its clear to me that wartime they were playing what they could fine and repair or fix from available materials. That happen a lot and this I can accept but what about this eagle? Its not a usual exile polish airforce eagle more like some variation about..Bird's body looks like after long diet Maybe somebody have some experience with such a one?
    thanks Asterperious

Hallo Ade

Fantastic forum I must congratulate..Long time getting some tips from here and finally decided to join..
    I collecting polish military stuff specially hats and helmets and from all my collection only this cap giving me some doubts and question...So in short honest question..Would You put it between original stuff or hide deeply in the cabinet and never appear with?..

regards

I would remove the PAF badge and restore it correctly as an RAF cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks a lot for Your tip Ade.
    I know its not a bazaar but couse I not collecting British war equipment I can give it to any collector for some "peanuts". Clear to me that Cap place is a Britain not Poland..
    Best regards

I would not be so quick to dismiss it Ade - the buttons and chinstrap came back on later for certain- but the eagle and band are very possible wartime. remember Polish officers in Exile did not have the funds for uniforms in the same manner as the RAF and commonwealth The bullion eagle I actually quite like and is a good one. Can you see down the back if it has a makers badge or anything? I think there is enough going for this cap I would leave it alone. There are no shortage of RAF caps available cheaply.

Asterperious,you are fully right regarding this funds etc.
    I will check now for any maker maybe this will clear a bit

nothing....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF/PSZ cap  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast