Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Private Publisbed Polish Wing Commander Book, signed 2 times

Article about: I bought this book sometime ago and just came across it, it is called " With The Wind In My Face" By Wing Commander J.P. Falkowski This was Privately Published near where I live in

?

Default Rare Private Publisbed Polish Wing Commander Book, signed 2 times

I bought this book sometime ago and just came across it, it is called " With The Wind In My Face" By Wing Commander J.P. Falkowski

This was Privately Published near where I live in either 1966 or 71, there is no date in the Book.
    However what makes this really Rare is the fact that He hand signed his photo in the book as well as an artist that did a painting called "Portrait of Poland" also signed the book.. as well the painting is shown in the book

I did some checking online about the book, very hard to find, and neither of the 2 I found were signed.
    He must have lived close to where I am when he wrote this...also I found lots of info about him online as well as a Youtube Video

I am not a Polish Collector, so I wanted to show it here before I put it online.
    I have tried to put this for sale on this site, however I have not been able to do it for sometime, due to photo size or problems with my older camera

Dean O
    Canada

Rare Private Publisbed Polish Wing Commander Book, signed 2 timesRare Private Publisbed Polish Wing Commander Book, signed 2 timesRare Private Publisbed Polish Wing Commander Book, signed 2 timesRare Private Publisbed Polish Wing Commander Book, signed 2 timesRare Private Publisbed Polish Wing Commander Book, signed 2 timesRare Private Publisbed Polish Wing Commander Book, signed 2 times

Dean O
    Canada

Hi Dean, yes, a self published book in 1965. Does this copy have its dust jacket?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

This is a soft cover...never had a dust jacket.

Dean O
    Canada

?

After doing a bit of checking, I can not find no reference of them ever being hard cover.
    It was a small company in Oshawa Ontario that printed it. I a not sure they ever did hard cover books.

Dean O
    Canada

Thanks Dean. These soft covers also had a dust jacket.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you, I did not know that.

Dean O
    Canada