Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Seeking information on my Granddad - A Polish Paratrooper

Article about: Hello All, Please could you help. I am trying to find out as much information on my Granddad as I can. I have already contacted the MOD and am awaiting information from them. Tony from this

?

Default Re: Seeking information on my Granddad - A Polish Paratrooper

Tony,

Thank you, I really must learn to double check information lol… I am still looking for another photo with him and " I think" a General so I will post that one when I find it for clarification also.

The MOD have said that they can only provide information on British personnel, however, have gave me another place to try, so hopefully I may get a break there.

Sorry I was asking about the Generals rank, my Granddad is actually the one directly to the right of him so most of his uniform is hidden.

Default Re: Seeking information on my Granddad - A Polish Paratrooper

Quote by vandat View Post
    Tony,

Thank you, I really must learn to double check information lol… I am still looking for another photo with him and " I think" a General so I will post that one when I find it for clarification also.

The MOD have said that they can only provide information on British personnel, however, have gave me another place to try, so hopefully I may get a break there.

Sorry I was asking about the Generals rank, my Granddad is actually the one directly to the right of him so most of his uniform is hidden.

Did you contact:

If your enquiry is about the record of a member of the Polish forces under British Command during WWII you should send your completed application form to:

MoD
    APC MS Support - Disclosures 5
    Building 59
    RAF Northolt
    West End Road
    RUISLIP
    HA4 6NG

Tel: 0208 8338603
    Fax: 0208 8338866
    Email: NOR-PolishDiscOffice@mod.uk

The Army Personnel Centre Helpdesk (0845 600 9663) provides assistance to Army units, outside agencies and the general public who are enquiring about the disclosure of information held on officers and soldiers.

Because the MoD most definitely DOES have Polish service records as the Poles were under British command. I obtained my father's Polish service history from the above which is taken form the MoD official wbsite:

Army Personnel Centre - British Army Website
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4