Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Spink Polonia Restituta

Article about: I have a beautiful sterling & red enamel breast star that my mother got while our family was stationed at Landsberg AF Base in Munich in 1948. I have not been able to find a picture of i

Question Re: Spink Polonia Restituta

I have a beautiful sterling & red enamel breast star that my mother got while our family was stationed at Landsberg AF Base in Munich in 1948. I have not been able to find a picture of it anywhere, & so I was hoping someone in this community might know what it is. This is the first time I am visiting this site, & am not sure how to post questions, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I took some pictures, & will try to post them.Spink Polonia RestitutaSpink Polonia RestitutaSpink Polonia Restituta
    Thank you.

P.S. :The FAQ section only talks about how to format a question, but I spent more than a few hours reading & trying to find out where to post this, so any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Spink Polonia Restituta

This is not my area of expertise but I doubt that your star is Polish. Perhaps Russian or Serbian - it appears to have Cyrillic letters along the circumference.

Edit: It might even be Greek now that I look closer at the letters. It also has a makers mark on the back. Try to take a close up of that.

Agreed with Mike. Definitely not Polish. With the Cyrillic looking lettering lets give the USSR section a shot.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Sorry sharona, it appears that I cannot move this your posts over to the section I had in mind. Some sort of glitch with the forum. Please try re-posting your question at the USSR 1917-1991 forum: Orders, Medals, Badges, & Other Decorations. Hopefully members there can provide you with an answer or otherwise re-direct you to a more appropriate forum.

Best wishes in your search,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Thank you, will do.

Sorry my original post-question can't be moved; maybe delete it ? I love how the threads of discussion are elegantly organized; this post is like a spot or tear in the fabric !!

sharona, let us know what it is please (just curious). Thanks.

Default Grand Cross Star of the Order of St. Alexander of the Kingdom of Bulgaria

Megan Robertson of Medals.org.uk has generously shared her knowledge; she wrote me that the piece is the Grand Cross Star of the Order of St.Alexander of the Kingdom of Bulgaria, first type. I have taken new pictures of the hallmarks on the back, & put them in my profile album.

Hi Guys!
    What do you thing about this Spink's set?
    Regards
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spink Polonia Restituta   Spink Polonia Restituta  

Spink Polonia Restituta   Spink Polonia Restituta  

Spink Polonia Restituta   Spink Polonia Restituta  

Spink Polonia Restituta  

Hi Tom, it's a genuine Grand Cross set of later production - possibly circa 1980 - and made for the Polish Government in Exile. At some point Spink started using an artificial enamel. These products are easily identified by the yellowing of the white enamels, such as is visible here. Nonetheless, a nice and very collectible set.

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast