Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Uniform Identification

Article about: Hi All I have the following pictures of my father (& Friends) the uniforms don't appear to be AK or British Commando (my father was in both) and to me look to be American which may fit w

Default Uniform Identification

Hi All I have the following pictures of my father (& Friends) the uniforms don't appear to be AK or British Commando (my father was in both) and to me look to be American which may fit with what is stated on the document included.

Uniform IdentificationUniform IdentificationUniform IdentificationUniform IdentificationUniform Identification

Uniform Identification

It states "He is dressed in the uniform pieces issued for the Polish Soldiers ex-prisoners of war from the American Army Depot in Nurnberg."

This last one does't seem to fit with any others I have and has a mix of uniforms

Uniform Identification

Any suggestions would be welcomed

You are correct on the American kit. The man in the helmet does wear a Brit BD blouse though. In the final photo of this set, the man in the middle is a Yugoslav solider. Note the cap.

The last pic has a mixture of pre war Polish kit and British BD.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!