Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

Article about: Dear All, Following the success of the various “encyclopedia” like threads focused on researching Regimental Badges and Eagles – I think it would be good to invest some time to research / in

Does anyone have this UK made version of the Canada/US volunteers patch that they can post?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here is my 5th 'Kresowa' Infantry Division cloth combination formation sign on tropical KD backing.

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7   Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Hi Alex,

A good looking left-side example used by a soldier serving in a 5KDP workshop repair / service unit. Thanks for sharing . Here's a set for the 3DSK:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony, thank you for your comment and thank you for sharing your 3DSK set. Here is my 3DSK cloth combination.

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7   Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Hi Alex, thanks, but sorry I wasn't clear, the image of that set is from an old auction and the items do not belong to me. Nice looking 3DSK set!

Cheers,
    Tony

Tony, Thank you kindly!

Regards
    Alex

?

Here are two 2nd Warsaw Armored Division arm badges hand made in aluminium. Have you seen or have you got similiar ones?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Hi civil,

Although metal, these were often mounted to cloth (and also plastic) backing and as such maybe better suited to this thread. These were produced in a myriad of different styles, and as with all such handcrafted pieces establishing when they were made is impossible without provenance.

Here are some examples from my collection, left hand row. None had backing when acquired, so I have added it for display. Click on image for a better view. I'll dig some more out of my photo archives and post later.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 08-29-2016 at 06:10 AM.

As promised, several more. Does anyone have any period photos showing uniform mounted 2WDP metal insignia?:

Regards,
    Tony

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7   Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Attached Images Attached Images Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7 

?

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for great reply. Your collection is suprising time after time.
    Below are other two metal insignia and photo with probably plastic version. Unfortunatelly poor quality photos.
    By the way could you be so kind to post photos with your metal arms badges (left hand row) with more details - better quality.

With considerable gratitude - Chris

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast