Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

Article about: Dear All, Following the success of the various “encyclopedia” like threads focused on researching Regimental Badges and Eagles – I think it would be good to invest some time to research / in

Hi Chris, thanks for your kind words and posting two more examples. But, special thanks for posting that period photo. The insignia definitely does appears to be plastic, and very similar if not identical to the one in my group. Needless to say, it’s always very exciting for collectors when provenance to an item in their collection pops up unexpectedly like this. You’ve turned an otherwise dreary Monday around!

The wing on this plastic insignia is at a decidedly downward angle, which is a deviation from the official design with the wing outstretched along a level horizontal axis. However, you can see with many of the handmade versions a tendency to slope the wing downwards.

I’m away from my home computer at the moment but will post the requested close up later. I might also dredge up one or two additional examples out of the archive.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi again Chris,

Apologies for the delay. Promised close up:

And two more examples:

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Tony thank you for better pictures.
    I found one more set from my old archive. Thread must go on
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Nice little grouping Chris.

Fun quiz for you (or anyone else that wants to jump in): assuming they all originated together, which regiment were these items from?

Cheers,
    Tony

Hello Tony,

I would go for the 6th Armoured Regiment

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Gents,

I agree with the Andrzej opinion, 6th Armoured Regiment Dzieci Lwowskich (6 Pułk Pancerny Dzieci Lwowskich)

Regards
    Alex

..one more 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division arm badge from my collection.

Kind Regards
    A.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7   Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

?

And which regiment were these items from?
    Suggestion - there are three correct answers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Andrzej wins the prize . That blue stripe on the collar pennons is not always easy to spot.

As to Chris’s quiz question, I’ll leave it for one of the members to answer . . .

Cheers,
    Tony

2nd Corps Horse Artillery, 7 Pułk Artylerii Konnej, I suppose

Kind Regards
    A.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast