Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

Article about: Dear All, Following the success of the various “encyclopedia” like threads focused on researching Regimental Badges and Eagles – I think it would be good to invest some time to research / in

Hello Civil,

From the shape of the collar pennons I would say the following unit :

1) Armoured Forces

And to answer Alex the 7th Horse Artillery Regiment had a different collar pennon swallow tail in shape.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Fellows,
    Any sugestions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Default 2ns Corps Patches display

Here is a frame of some of my 2nd corps Patches, hope you like them.
    Attachment 1082349

Fellows,
    Very unusual set of patches!
    Archives of IPMS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Fellows,
    Finally, i have fund the match! I believe this is the rarest pattern of 7th Division Patch.
    Sharp pic comes from Sikorski's archives and set of 3 features recently found match

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Bullion thread 8th Army patches anyone? Here's a sampling of the weird and wonderful I've picked up over the years:

(click to enlarge)
    Attachment 830956

Regards,
    Tony
    Fantastic and comprehensive display Tony

Would these two miss matched bullion slip ons be Polish? Same question for the single bullion patch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7   Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hello Jerry,

Thanks for your kind words. The slip ons would not be Polish as the regulation location for the honourary 8th Army shield was on the right shoulder below the Poland title.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Jerry,

Thanks for your kind words. The slip ons would not be Polish as the regulation location for the honourary 8th Army shield was on the right shoulder below the Poland title.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Thanks Tony. I had thought for KD that perhaps as slip ons were more likely to be worn, it was for that. They are not an actual pair, they came separately. but they were only ever worn on the sleeve below the Poland titles on all orders of dress, then they are not Polish.

Here is my pair of woven titles, late war or post war I thought.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Brazilian and Argentine:

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

Hello Ricardo Vidtory Museum,

Also with the Narvik Lanyard, does the Lanyard have the shield with the Crowned Lion ?

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast