Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Polish cap , any idea of what it is?.

Article about: My brother in law picked up this Polish cap a few weeks back. Have no idea of age it just looked like an interesting item. Is it military at all?. The badge looked interesting?.

?

Default Unknown Polish cap , any idea of what it is?.

My brother in law picked up this Polish cap a few weeks back. Have no idea of age it just looked like an interesting item. Is it military at all?. The badge looked interesting?.

This cap is not military, Polish military caps always have a eagle, caps worn by postal service, Police, Fire Brigade pretty much any Govt service always had an eagle. If it is Polish my guess it is some sort of miners cap.

?

Looks to me to more likely be Italian telephone exchange, or flying signals operative .....something on them lines ... (Not Polish)

What is on the buttons, or the back marks of the buttons.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Many Thanks for the replies , The 2 brass coloured buttons to the side of the cap have the electric / lightening bolt symbol on them same as the 2 small blue buttons on the front. Next time i see my bro in law i'll take a look under the blue buttons on the front to see if there is any writing. Thanks again for the help.
    P.S apologies for posting this in the Polish section.

KRK
    ?

Hi,

No appologies are necessary.

This is cap used by the Polish power engineering (energetics) employees with their official uniforms. This particular cap looks for 1970/1980 period. Intersting but neither unusal nor rare.

Regards,
    KRK

?

Many Thanks KRK , nice to know what it is. Unfortunate it is neither military or older but definitely another learning curve. Very Much appreciated.