Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos

Article about: Walter was my stepfather's father. When I was a kid, I took photos of some of Walter's photos from an album of his WWII days. I have wished several times that I had taken photos of the entir

?

Default Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos

Walter was my stepfather's father. When I was a kid, I took photos of some of Walter's photos from an album of his WWII days. I have wished several times that I had taken photos of the entire album. Walter passed in 1996. You will see blue ink smudges on some of the images. This is due to transfer from the captions on the back of some of the photos, while stacked together. In one of the photos, Walter identifies a man as General MacArthur. He told me it wasn't the American general. I haven't been able to find another Gen MacArthur though. For what they're worth, enjoy the photos. ~scott

The first image is Walter Rittaler. He appears to be wearing his MCC ribbon. He looks so young, compared to his photo in 1945 England.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos  

?

This is Walter Rittaler again in 1945 England.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos  

?

There will be 25 photos in this series. ~scott

?

The second photo above is labeled "Chester England, Upton Park Camp".

These were the medals and insignia that Walter still had in 1983. Can any of you identify for me the two round dot like devices on the Polish War medal?

?

This one is labeled "Iraq, 1942"

?

"Middle East"

?

"Middle East, General Anders, General Sikorski"

- - ------- - -

"Egypt"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos   Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos  

?

"Esmalia, Middle East" Walter is driving the bike on the right, wearing the dispatch helmet and goggles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos   Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos  

?

"Monte Cassino"

Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos   Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos  

Walter Rittaler's (MCC Nr 40867) 2nd Corps photos  

?

"Ancorna Willa Rey"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast