Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Wartime Polish aviation paintings found in England

Article about: Hello, Can anybody help me identify the artist who painted these three circa 1939 WW2 Polish aircraft...see the photos showing three watercolour paintings herewith. They have not faded and r

Default Wartime Polish aviation paintings found in England

Hello,
    Can anybody help me identify the artist who painted these three circa 1939 WW2 Polish aircraft...see the photos showing three watercolour paintings herewith.
    They have not faded and retain good colour and are in their original frames , they don't appear to have ever been opened.

My guess is that they were painted in England in the early part of WW2 and most probably by an Polish aircrew or groundcrew . Does the signature mean anything to anyone? Can anyone throw any light on to it beyond identifying the planes which I have already done...this was the easy bit.
    Elevenoclock in Bath, England
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime Polish aviation paintings found in England   Wartime Polish aviation paintings found in England  

Wartime Polish aviation paintings found in England   Wartime Polish aviation paintings found in England  

Wartime Polish aviation paintings found in England   Wartime Polish aviation paintings found in England  

Wartime Polish aviation paintings found in England  

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Sadly I cannot give you any info, but they are very nice indeed. I really like them. The style is so typical of the period.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

v/nice paintings.

Default Polish aviation 1939. Raf. Original paintings x 3

Genteman,
    Thank you, both of you for your kind words. Maybe some artist sleuth will yet appear.
    Regards
    Alexander
    ( elevenoclock)

Quote by elevenoclock View Post
    Hello,
    Can anybody help me identify the artist who painted these three circa 1939 WW2 Polish aircraft...see the photos showing three watercolour paintings herewith.
    They have not faded and retain good colour and are in their original frames , they don't appear to have ever been opened.

My guess is that they were painted in England in the early part of WW2 and most probably by an Polish aircrew or groundcrew . Does the signature mean anything to anyone? Can anyone throw any light on to it beyond identifying the planes which I have already done...this was the easy bit.
    Elevenoclock in Bath, England

The art dealer details from a 1934 directory:

Wilde Jph. O., art dlr, 79 Lytham rd. Blackpool. Tel. 322 ; h. 6 Ulleswater rd, S.S.

These look more like the work of a technical illustrator who may not have been Polish. They may have been illustrations produced for a book or magazine. Can't interpret the artist signature of the drawings.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

These are great images that remind me of cover art for plastic model planes. One of those manufactures was Heller, there were some other eastern European manufactures that I can't recall but had similar artwork.

Chris.....