Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

What sidearms used officially and unofficially by the Polish 1st Armoured Division?

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Tom - here's the picture you linked to - captioned "1st Armoured Division in combat - Belgium". I enourage all members to post the image (in addition to posting th

Default Re: What sidearms used officially and unofficially by the Polish 1st Armoured Division?

Piwo, you're a true holster mythbuster!
    I'm adding pics of my differently-shaped tanker holster. Unfortunately it lacks leg straps. Am I correct that your tanker holsters are Canadian-made? I always linked these rounded holsters with Canadian makers.
    I'm also enclosing a pic of Polish No 10 commandos wearing web holsters. I guess this pic was taken near Achnacarry.

Regards,
    Tom

PS Forgive me low quality of holster pics, but I took them with my camera phone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What sidearms used officially and unofficially by the Polish 1st Armoured Division?   What sidearms used officially and unofficially by the Polish 1st Armoured Division?  

What sidearms used officially and unofficially by the Polish 1st Armoured Division?  

Default Re: What sidearms used officially and unofficially by the Polish 1st Armoured Division?

Quote by Piwo2 View Post
    However, the Webley Mk VI does need a larger holster and the Government Colt 45 fits better in the larger holster.
    Fantastic pictures. If the only way to prove the pistol-to-holster argument is by actual example, then I have to disagree with your comment about the Webley VI (Pistol, Revolver, No 1). It fits just fine in a 1937 Pistol Case, as I said in an earlier post.

What sidearms used officially and unofficially by the Polish 1st Armoured Division?What sidearms used officially and unofficially by the Polish 1st Armoured Division?What sidearms used officially and unofficially by the Polish 1st Armoured Division?

My Webley VI and a British-made 1937 Pistol Case, made by Bagcraft Ltd in 1943. It's not even that tight, but it certainly fills the case.

Rob
    Last edited by Battery Command Post; 02-01-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4