Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

What units do these cloth badges designate?

Article about: Gentlemen I wonder if you could help me with the correct designation of the units these badges represent. Many thanks James Maid of Warsaw white on red ground - 2nd Polish Corps ?? Panther o

Default What units do these cloth badges designate?

Gentlemen

I wonder if you could help me with the correct designation of the units these badges represent.

Many thanks

James

Maid of Warsaw white on red ground - 2nd Polish Corps ??
    Panther on yellow ground ???
    Winged armoured arm & Sword - 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division
    Rampant Lion on Red & Blue diagonal ground - ???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What units do these cloth badges designate?   What units do these cloth badges designate?  

Default Re: What units do these cloth badges designate?

Hi James,

The cloth patch with the panther is the 14th Wielkopolski Armoured Brigade which incorporated the 15PUL, 3PUL, 10th Hussar Regt.etc.

The cloth patch with the Lion of Lwow is for the 6th Lwow Rifle Brigade which incorporated the 16th, 17th & 18th Lwow Rifle Bn's.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Thanks Andrzejku

Anyone - is there a reference book covering the insignia and badges of the Polskie Siły Zbrojne na Zachodzie?

Many thanks

James

James – you are correct, the “Armoured Fist” of the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division (formerly Brigade) and the City of Warsaw's “Syrena” that was adopted for the badge of the Polish 2nd Corps.

As far as books, pictured below is a good general reference, although all in Polish: "Wojsko Polskie 1939-45.Barwa i Bron" (Komornicki, Bielecki, Bigoszewska, Jonca). Try to find the revised 1990 issue.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What units do these cloth badges designate?   What units do these cloth badges designate?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi guys,
    I think the best book on PSZ insignia is Polskie Siły Zbrojne na Zachodzie. Pamiątki by Benedykt Wojciechowski and Zdzisław Sawicki. It covers 99 per cent of all PSZ insignia. It costs about PLN 90-100.

POLSKIE SI

Regards,
    Tom

Gentlemen

You are fantastic. Thank you all so much for your help. I will now have fun seeking out both books.

All the best

James

Quote by Thomas the Tank Engine View Post
    I think the best book on PSZ insignia is Polskie Siły Zbrojne na Zachodzie. Pamiątki by Benedykt Wojciechowski and Zdzisław Sawicki. It covers 99 per cent of all PSZ insignia. It costs about PLN 90-100.

POLSKIE SI
    Thomas, yes also a good book. More of a picture book than a technical reference, but well worth owning. I especially like the three pages in the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division section of the book that contain my father’s items!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne