Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What's next?

Article about: I was browsing the net and came across this post. The things people do... Sean found a pair of British-made WWII Polish army...

?

Default What's next?

I was browsing the net and came across this post. The things people do...
    Sean found a pair of British-made WWII Polish army...

Default Re: What's next?

Can't bloody leave anything alone!...

?

A good piece of militaria ruined.

Hahahaha..... reminds me of when I was young my mom used to 'borrow' some of my smaller polish badges and buttons and use them as decorations for her hand bag.... but then again seeing what I collected she once came home with 2 pre-war regimental badges she bought in a antique store for $50, I think I got about 3500 zl for them back in 2007 :-) and she once bought a caterpillar badge and had it for years before I noticed it and was able to track the chap online a RAAF Lancaster pilot....

Quote by 22Coy View Post
    . . . The things people do...
    Exactly my thought. Converting these into earrings is one of the nuttier things I’ve seen. While I do encourage the promotion of WW2 era Polish militaria, everything has its limit. Anyway, no harm done as these are post war Collins knock offs. Common and inexpensive. Thankfully genuine wartime issue badges were not used.

Cheers,
    Tony

P.S.: not "insignia of the Winged Hussars", but rather the badge of the Polish 1st Rifle Brigade, a formation that originated in Scotland in 1940.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What's next?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    . . . seeing what I collected she once came home with 2 pre-war regimental badges she bought in a antique store for $50, I think I got about 3500 zl for them back in 2007 :-) and she once bought a caterpillar badge and had it for years before I noticed it and was able to track the chap online a RAAF Lancaster pilot....
    Nick, your mom has a sharp eye. Can I hire her?
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    I have the same badge to my right nipple... like piercing...
    This is a joke !
    ZP