Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Zygmunt Kozłowski collection

Article about: Hi Starszy, I have found the following information in the Regimental list for the Carpathian Lancers on Zygmunt Kozlowski Ranny , KW 2 (Wound Ribbon and Cross of Valour and Bar), also from t

Default re: Zygmunt Kozłowski collection

Bring 'em on brother! Well worth the wait

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: Zygmunt Kozłowski collection

Interesting to see the dual award documents for the Cross of Valour. It may be a second award of the decoration although the image of the one award document is slightly blurry and difficult to make out.

Any chance at seeing good close up pictures of the obverse and reverse of the Armoured School and the Carpathian Lancers badges?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Default Re: Zygmund kozlowski collection

And some more pics as to ziggys wartime escapades!!!! The pics with the regiment badges and the black backgroud are dissected photocopies of original paperwork...,,.all badges and their respective issue numbers reconcile with the original citations.
    I have spoken to his ex-wife, Ivy, and she informed me that they were married at his ripe old age of 70!!!...he owned a market garden in Cairns,Nth Queensland,Australia and continued to do so into his early eighties...all the work was done by hand as it was too small to use mechanised machinery and he employed 7 people to assist.He was from Radom,Poland and I would like to find out if his family are still there...he had a brother(WADEK) and sister(MARIA) also from Radom ,however,I have not begun the attempt to find them.He travelled to Poland twice to visit family after Poland re-emerged from communist rule and also travelled to Italy with his wife but unfortunately,did not go back to Monte Cassino to visit General ANDERS' grave...which he truly wanted to. Zygmund sadly passed away in Malanda ,Nth Queensland on the 13th October,2000,he was born 1st May,1912 at the age of 88 years..He wished to be cremated and his ashes returned to Poland to be interred with his family members...of which he had already erected ,and paid for in full,but prior to his passing he had second thoughts as to being cremated and therefore was buried.I would be so gracious if members of the forum could assist in giving me any information as to his military record as I am not a family member and therefore unable to ask for official help.I think this heros collection is rather in depth and I believe if I could piece it all together ,would make a remarkable story!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zygmunt Kozłowski collection   Zygmunt Kozłowski collection  

Zygmunt Kozłowski collection   Zygmunt Kozłowski collection  

I will do it now,stay online tony!

Starszy, please also post some good close up pics of the ‘palemki’ collar badges. Your grouping appears to be a wonderful surviving lot, and these collar badges have proved a stumbling block for many collectors due in large part to the fakes on the market. Your pictures should help settle the matter.

Regards,
    Tony

Tony,the close up of the palemki and the school badge...done on my ipad...are they good enough?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zygmunt Kozłowski collection   Zygmunt Kozłowski collection  

Further close up copies of the cross of valor award docs for both citations.I AM WONDERING WHO THE OFFICERS SIGNATURE ON THE 2ND K.W. CITATION WAS? KOPANSKI MAYBE?

Hi Starszy,

In response to your question of who's signature is on the 2nd Corps KW Legitymacja it is General Zygmunt Bohusz-Szyszko.

A Very Nice Collection

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Andrzejku98,maybe you can help with this MCC #8038 I obtained...I was informed it was awarded to a soldier named Stanislaw Laszek....this is all the info I have.

Thank you andzejku,I will post 2 pics of an unknown medal I purchased from a collector in Poland....maybe you or other members on this forum could help id it.I have it in brz,slv and gld.

Last edited by starszy; 03-13-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: adding pics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast