Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

AH-1G Cobra Attack Helicopter

Article about: Accepted by the Army in 1968, this AH-1G Cobra was sent directly to Vietnam and assigned in April 1969 to the 101st Airborne Division (Air Mobile) where it served in B Troop, 2/17th Air Cava

?

where would I find the contact info on the Cobra for sale? nodak

?

would like some contact info on the Cobra for sale.

Quote by nodak View Post
    where would I find the contact info on the Cobra for sale? nodak
    It was over 5 years ago my friend, who knows where it's at now. Remember, Google is your friend.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Okay, thanks.

I'm a new member here and don't want to ruffel any waves but I was an IP for several years with the AH-1g and have quite a few hours in the aircraft and some of the things said in this post are not correct about the swith use on the Ah-1 grip. All of the switches on the AH-1G were the same for all cobras untill they went to the S model. The trigger switch was for firing the guns up front. The pilot in back could fire them in the stowed position only. The top left button was for forced trim. You held the button down moved the stick where you wanted it and released it. Of course forced trim had to be turned on for it to work. The second button down was for firing wing stores after being selected on the armanent panel. And the last buttion which on a Huey is cargo release is to release the SASS. Intercom was the colley hat on top. I know in the Huey it was the trigger and first detent was intercom and second was radio but not on the Cobra. In fact the first detent on the Cobra is 2000 RDS and 2nd detent is 4000 Rds per minute on the mini gun. I have other pictures of Cobras and will post them later.

Quote by COBRAIP View Post
    I'm a new member here and don't want to ruffel any waves but I was an IP for several years with the AH-1g and have quite a few hours in the aircraft and some of the things said in this post are not correct about the swith use on the Ah-1 grip. All of the switches on the AH-1G were the same for all cobras untill they went to the S model. The trigger switch was for firing the guns up front. The pilot in back could fire them in the stowed position only. The top left button was for forced trim. You held the button down moved the stick where you wanted it and released it. Of course forced trim had to be turned on for it to work. The second button down was for firing wing stores after being selected on the armanent panel. And the last buttion which on a Huey is cargo release is to release the SASS. Intercom was the colley hat on top. I know in the Huey it was the trigger and first detent was intercom and second was radio but not on the Cobra. In fact the first detent on the Cobra is 2000 RDS and 2nd detent is 4000 Rds per minute on the mini gun. I have other pictures of Cobras and will post them later.
    Your probably right, I flew C-Mod gun ships before going to the AH-1G and its been nearly 45 years since I was putting around the skys in RVN in a Cobra and my memory isn't what it once was. No feathers ruffled, since there are a number of members that rely on the information on this forum we need to make it right.
    Just in the event your interested my UH-1C gunship that I flew in 1968 was restored and wheeled onto the main floor of the US Army Aviation Museum, at Ft. Rucker, Al yesterday. I logged 68 1/2 hours in old 5156 in August and September 1968. It will be officially dedicated on 6 Dec. If you go to the Museum face book site you can watch them bringing it in as it was lived streamed.

Terry

?

Interesting stuff. I got lucky with an empty AH-1G panel on ebay. Have enjoyed slowly filling it. Turns out to have a Vietnam service history as 'Pandora's Box'.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AH-1G Cobra Attack Helicopter   AH-1G Cobra Attack Helicopter  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3