Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Air Ministry Reflector Gun Sight MKII

Article about: Classic Reflector Gunsight fitted to a whole host of allied combat aircraft. Such as Spitfire, Hurricane, P47, Bristol Beaufighter.

Default Air Ministry Reflector Gun Sight MKII

Classic Reflector Gunsight fitted to a whole host of allied combat aircraft. Such as Spitfire, Hurricane, P47, Bristol Beaufighter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air Ministry Reflector Gun Sight MKII   Air Ministry Reflector Gun Sight MKII  

Air Ministry Reflector Gun Sight MKII   Air Ministry Reflector Gun Sight MKII  

Default Re: Air Ministry Reflector Gun Sight MKII

nice one.

A very nice example Jim, it's not often you see these with the anti 'nosebreaker' pad still fitted. I can't believe how much these can go for these days, I remember seeing hundreds of them in store not far from me only 25 years ago.

Regards, Ned
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Ned, I've had this one for about 20 years. I occasionally dig it out of the loft and have to quick look at it. Its in good shape, you do see some pretty beaten up examples at the military shows. Yes they have gone up in value, I'm thinking of selling it at some point. You should have picked a few up when you had the chance, I know easy to say now!
    Regards Jim.........

Cheers, its a nice bit of kit!

?

Rather like gun cameras, you had a hard time shifting them in days of yore.
    Pete

Has this one still got the bulb in? I have some somewhere!

?

That is beautiful to see!!! While in the Marine Corps one of my technical jobs was as a A4M Skyhawk HUD (Heads Up Display) Tech. They were used for the Guns(20mm) or for AA missiles(sidewinder). I always loved testing those and playing with the leader lines which were gyroscopically controlled . Tilt the gyro and the lines would sway in the direction of tilt to stay aligned to the target. It great to see the original's!!!!!!!
    Thanks For sharing those pic's!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Excellent story, glad you liked the pics!!
    Cheers Jim

deejay
    ?

Quote by Jimsjeep View Post
    Cheers Ned, I've had this one for about 20 years. I occasionally dig it out of the loft and have to quick look at it. Its in good shape, you do see some pretty beaten up examples at the military shows. Yes they have gone up in value, I'm thinking of selling it at some point. You should have picked a few up when you had the chance, I know easy to say now!
    Regards Jim.........
    Hi there,

If you still have and consider selling it then I am interested please get in contact by PM or email tsorena1@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Dirk J.