Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

AIRCRAFT RPM PART 6a/1134

Article about: Could anyone shed any light on what aircrafts this part would be for? I cant seem to find any reference to it 6A/1134 any help appreciated!

Default AIRCRAFT RPM PART 6a/1134

Could anyone shed any light on what aircrafts this part would be for?
    I cant seem to find any reference to it
    6A/1134

any help appreciated!
    AIRCRAFT RPM PART 6a/1134

It's an rpm gauge for the engine but what planes it off of I don't know, looks British

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    It's an rpm gauge for the engine but what planes it off of I don't know, looks British
    yes, these are normally really easy to "google" but this one doesnt come up. and without access to the stores "bible", im at a loss.....

Hi British Air Ministry (AM) marked and bearing the RAF catalogue Section and Reference (6A [Instruments] 1134 [Item Reference Number]). The serial number 004763 usually has an /37 or whatever and this is its date of manufacture or acceptance. What is it off - Pass but my guess is that it is a generic guage rather than special to type, ergo it could be off almost any aircraft type.
    regards Michael R

just incase anyone was wondering, skypilot very kndly looked it up for me and its:

The reference number refers to a Type A 12702 engine speed indicator i.e. rev counter. It is unique to DH Dominie aircraft.

Quote by bananamafia View Post
    just incase anyone was wondering, skypilot very kndly looked it up for me and its:

The reference number refers to a Type A 12702 engine speed indicator i.e. rev counter. It is unique to DH Dominie aircraft.

I was wondering and thinking maybe one of the Moth series by De Havilland, so wasn't far off, but the twin engined Dominie didn't cross my mind. Well done that man!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.