Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?

Article about: more

A34
    ?

Default Re: Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?

more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?   Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?  

Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?   Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?  

Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?   Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?  

A34
    ?

a couple more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?   Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?  

A34
    ?

I also have a large collection of Naval hats from the same veteran.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea of where to sell old aircraft instruments?  

OKW
    ?

Unfortunately i would suggest ebay, let the items find their own level. You'll pay less commission there than a regular auction, the only thing against it are the post and packing charges, the instruments are heavy, pictures in frames also sell lower than the picture alone, why pay for a frame you may throw away.
    If you are lucky enough to find a dealer they will want their profit taken off any price they may offer. At least with ebay it can go direct to the collector.

A34
    ?

Thank you Sir !!!

3mk
    ?

I suggest forums like these,ebay or a dealer.If you sell it at a garage sale or flea market then I dont think you`ll get what its really worth since its not like everyones a colector

I would suggest eBay myself. I recently picked up nearly a truckload of these things, along with every type of WW2 aircraft gunsight imaginable from a USAF colonel's estate, and I've been doing great with them on eBay. The kollsman instruments seem to be the most popular, and have sold in the hundreds of dollars for certain ones. Shipping isn't as bad as you would think. I sold 2 to a guy in South Africa, and shipping was less than $20 USD, but it depends on the item and weight of course. People will factor that into their bid, and anyway no matter where you sell, if it's not in person you'll have to ship it, so it's not a major factor.

A34
    ?

Thanks, I got sidetracked since I first posted this and have not done anything with them. My wife and I are expecting twins in May and need a bigger house. So, with that in mind, I think I'll put a bunch of stuff on ebay. LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2