Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Any ideas on this pressure gauge?

Article about: G'day all, I picked up this gauge today, it is some sort of pressure gauge from a German aircraft, does anyone have any idea what it may be? Maybe hydraulic fluid etc... it has two indicator

Default Any ideas on this pressure gauge?

G'day all,
    I picked up this gauge today, it is some sort of pressure gauge from a German aircraft, does anyone have any idea what it may be? Maybe hydraulic fluid etc... it has two indicator needles in the gauge and is luminescent. Sorry about the quality of the pics. Cheers, Dave

Default Re: Any ideas on this pressure gauge?

Hello mate,

It's a Doppeldruckmesser or double pressure gauge part no.FL.205112-6. I don't know what type of aircraft it was fitted to, but FL.250112-1's were fitted exclusively in Fi-156 Fieseler Storch's and Arado AR-96's. Part no. FL.205112-2 were fitted to all models of the Bf-109 and certain models of the Fw-190. The last number after the dash corresponds with the different amounts of pressure that the instrument was calibrated to depending on which type and model of aircraft it was fitted to.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

G'day Ned, thanks a lot mate, you are indeed a wealth of knowledge. It is an interesting item and even mores now that I know what it is, cheers mate, Dave.

Ned, I have just googled the part number and discovered this gauge is from a HE 219 night fighter. Thanks mate, I wouldn't have thought to do that if you hadn't mentioned the part number.
    Cheers mate, Dave.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Ned, I have just googled the part number and discovered this gauge is from a HE 219 night fighter. Thanks mate, I wouldn't have thought to do that if you hadn't mentioned the part number.
    Cheers mate, Dave.
    Excellent news, that's a very rare piece Dave!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.