Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Avro Vulcan's Last Display At RIAT July 18th-19th 2015....Only A Handful More To Come.

Article about: Here's a nice video of Avro Vulcan XH558 at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford this weekend gone. It's the last one the old girl will be going to as she is being grounded for

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    You watch the maneuverability and handling of this plane, and you have to wonder just What in the name of Pete that they are Replacing it with-presumably something even Better! Yet another old warrior moves into the mothballed Halls of History....
    The Vulcan was the last strategic bomber in RAF operational service until the fleet was retired in 1984. But the RAF did keep XH558 flying as a display aircraft until 1993 when it was grounded and sold off to a family firm who tried to keep her in as near flying condition as possible until she was heroically resurrected by the 'Vulcan to the Sky' Trust who got her flying again in late 2007.

Therefore by the strict criteria of the aircraft's role, there is only ONE strategic bomber currently 'on charge' with the RAF today.

Here it is.

Avro Vulcan's Last Display At RIAT July 18th-19th 2015....Only A Handful More To Come.

Where did it all go wrong.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Thanks for the video Ned, I saw her "pulling some turns" over Norwich about three or four weeks ago. Leon.
    That's right Leon, she flew over Norwich Airport on June 28th as part of the country wide "Salute to the V Force" tour she did that weekend.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Week before Fairford at Yeovilton flew over North Dorset with vampires.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Avro Vulcan's Last Display At RIAT July 18th-19th 2015....Only A Handful More To Come.  

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Week before Fairford at Yeovilton flew over North Dorset with vampires.
    ...And the gorgeous DH Sea Vixen.

Thats it Ned couldn't think of the name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2