Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

b29 pilot/co pilot seat

Article about: Very very similar to a B-24 seat that I have in my office.....

Default Re: b29 pilot/co pilot seat

Very very similar to a B-24 seat that I have in my office.....

hi birdog. it would seem some models of b24 may have had the same or similar seat as the b29. my seat was made by general fireproofing company and i enclose a pic of the makers transfer from the back of my seat plus a pic showing underneath my seat. i have seen on the web an old article on a "b29/b24" pilots seat for sale.it had been altered a bit but looked like my seat. i enclose a pic lifted from the article and also a page from a short history of general fireproofing.this says they made aircraft seats etc during ww2. as you may have guessed i like the b29 and could ramble at length on b29s and b29 crash sites. cheers ,mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture b29 pilot/co pilot seat   b29 pilot/co pilot seat  

b29 pilot/co pilot seat  
    Attached Images Attached Images b29 pilot/co pilot seat 

is there any chance of you posting photos of your seat birdog.cheers. mike

Hi mate, thats a really cool chair, would love to have one of those in my room.
    Best regards
    Nuno

Quote by panelvan View Post
    hi birdog. it would seem some models of b24 may have had the same or similar seat as the b29. my seat was made by general fireproofing company and i enclose a pic of the makers transfer from the back of my seat plus a pic showing underneath my seat. i have seen on the web an old article on a "b29/b24" pilots seat for sale.it had been altered a bit but looked like my seat. i enclose a pic lifted from the article and also a page from a short history of general fireproofing.this says they made aircraft seats etc during ww2. as you may have guessed i like the b29 and could ramble at length on b29s and b29 crash sites. cheers ,mike
    i forgot to press button when i was uploading pic of b24/29 pilots seat from an article on web, here they are
    Attached Images Attached Images b29 pilot/co pilot seat  b29 pilot/co pilot seat 

there is another b.29 seat on e bay right now 28.11.13. the asking price is £999.99 !! but it is nice

Great seat - and in great condition considering it's age.

You may have to make up your own set of cushions
    with stiff foam to make it useable. These would be
    similar to the horse hair/straw within spring wire
    supports, like the earthbound military vehicles
    of the day.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 11-29-2013 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Additions
    Regards,

Steve.

On duty those seats would not have had cushions, the seat pan would typically hold a survival kit or a personal dinghy or both depending on the mission duration over water, the back would be the parachute bundle. So pretty much anything you care to sit on would be alright, maybe get the backpack parachute and survival kit bags. Have a look at period images and you can see the pilots in parachute rigs.

you can see stuff arrange here ready for flight : http://www.owensarchive.com/images/u..._stations..jpg

i think it has gone now on a best offer. cheers, mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2