Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Bf110E crash relics from ukraine

Article about: Finally got the large package of Bf110E aircraft parts today, and wow this is a lot of parts Here is the info I have on this plane. Bf110E Werk# 2436 crashed on 3/10/43 due to unknown reason

Default Bf110E crash relics from ukraine

Finally got the large package of Bf110E aircraft parts today, and wow this is a lot of parts Here is the info I have on this plane. Bf110E Werk# 2436 crashed on 3/10/43 due to unknown reasons. Served with Stab/StG.2. piloted by Oblt. Gottried Muller. Also on board the plane when it crashed was Wolfgang Grothe, and Hans Perplies.
    The crew is still considered MIA. My guess is that after the plane crashed, it sat for some time. Then after the war the soviets discovered the wreck, and scrapped the plane. If so, who knows what happened to the bodies of the crew.
    The seller I got these from told me the wreck site was scavenged long ago, and these were the parts he was able to locate with a metal detector. There are some really awesome parts in this group. I was actually able to get a part with the werk# on it! There are some other really cool part mixed in too, like the speedometer plate. this was something the pilot would have looked at constantly. there is also evidence of snow camo on quite a few parts. Here are some pictures. Let me know what you think. Best regards- Jarret

Bf110E crash relics from ukraineBf110E crash relics from ukraineBf110E crash relics from ukraineBf110E crash relics from ukraineBf110E crash relics from ukraineBf110E crash relics from ukraineBf110E crash relics from ukraineBf110E crash relics from ukraineBf110E crash relics from ukraine

Very cool stuff and Thanks for posting!!!! Are you going to display these pieces?

Mart

Quote by Martin C View Post
    Very cool stuff and Thanks for posting!!!! Are you going to display these pieces?

Mart
    Thank you, and No problem. Yes I plan to get a display case to put these in. Im also going to print all the info I have, and put it into the case too. A model Bf110 wouldn't hurt either lol.

A nice backdrop to a display would be a cutaway or skeletal view poster print of a 110 and then if you can identify where the main bits came from, a thread tied between the part and the position on the plane.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Good idea danmark! That would sure look nice displayed like that. I will update this thread once the display is put up.

Best regards- Jarret