Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

On board Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane'

Article about: I had a great experience this week touring the interior of 'Just Jane' at East Kirkby! Sat in all the turrets and the cockpit and had a very knowledgeable guide who gave us an amazing insigh

Default On board Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane'

I had a great experience this week touring the interior of 'Just Jane' at East Kirkby!

Sat in all the turrets and the cockpit and had a very knowledgeable guide who gave us an amazing insight to life on board

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture On board Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane'   On board Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane'  

On board Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane'   On board Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane'  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great post Nick! Did you notice that unique smell that old wartime aircraft seem to have that's a cross between petrol, hydraulic oil, dope and for some reason the sticky insulating canvas tape on the electrics?? That was always very apparent to me on the old warbirds down at RAF Cosford, even after they hadn't flown for decades.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Great post Nick! Did you notice that unique smell that old wartime aircraft seem to have that's a cross between petrol, hydraulic oil, dope and for some reason the sticky insulating canvas tape on the electrics?? That was always very apparent to me on the old warbirds down at RAF Cosford, even after they hadn't flown for decades.

Regards, Ned.
    Yes Ned indeed I did! During the war the smell of fear would have been added to the mix!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great place that ive been there too although i did not get to enter the aircraft, smashing place to visit lots to see .

Great photos Nick! I've been inside our Lanc here in Western Australia and it was fantastic, a great experience that I'd do again any day!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Yes Ned indeed I did! During the war the smell of fear would have been added to the mix!!

Nick
    I think you may be referring to "Eau de Elsan" perhaps....????
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A very nice plane and one that I have seen taxy a couple of times, thanks for posting some pics of it.

Matt

Yes, some of you guys are very lucky being able to visit places like this! Thx for sharing and the great pics.

Nice one Nick !

?

Smile Halifax unknow part

On board Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane'On board Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane'
    hello, what is it this Halifax part ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast