Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!

Article about: Start one of my Dambuster / Air War Europe Tours tomorrow so it will be great to discuss the 2 Lancs Flying together with the clients whilst we are away !! Must admit it's a shame that the G

Quote by CampX View Post
    Well where is the Canadian One tat to fly across the Pond????

Dean O
    That's the one I just posted

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Nick, you commented earlier regarding the shows / flypasts all being down south - you may want to check that itinerary again (you'll be pleasantly surprised)

Lancaster Bomber 2014 UK Tour

This would be fantastic to see, I'd love to be at any of these locations!

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Nick, you commented earlier regarding the shows / flypasts all being down south - you may want to check that itinerary again (you'll be pleasantly surprised)

Lancaster Bomber 2014 UK Tour
    I know Carl. not long after I bought my tickets for Sywell they annonced those northern venues !! Oh well I will see them twice maybe

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

She's here! There are now two Lancasters flying the skies of the UK ! Its been a long time coming

Nick

What a sight !!!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!! 

Magnificent sight - if only Just Jane was in that line up.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Magnificent sight - if only Just Jane was in that line up.
    She is going to be Hucks !

3 Lancasters 2014 - Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre

Nick

Will all three be on the ground together at that event or will it just consist of the two 'flyers' conducting a fly-past while JJ does a taxi run? (I say 'just' but obviously that will still be a sight (and sound) and a half!)

?

Well I think it must have been one hell of a flight from Canada to Britain And to be honest I was a little concerned that something might have gone wrong with this old Girl

Now as I understand it, the Canadian Lanc was Built in late 1944, went Overseas but did not fly missions as she was held in reserve.

Then was came back to Canada, and for MANY years she was on a Pedestal, I remember her up there in the early 70s near Gotrich Ontario. They used to put up a ladder and for 25 cents you could go through her I remember going through her myself... she was taken down and restored.

I also understand that the British Lanc was built a few months after the War ended, and was used by the RAF for awhile.

All we need now is a Mossie and a Halifax to fly with them!!!
    There is a Mossie in British Columbia that is almost ready to fly, I have seen her engines running
    We Have a complete Halifax here in Ontario at the CFB Museum in Trenton, she was recovered in Pieces from a Lake in Norway I believe, she has been restored but only as a static display..maybe if I win a lottery I will pay to get her flying!!!

When they recovered that Hallybag, some of the original crew was there...they found a thermos in the tail gun turret...they gave it back to the gunner as he was there!!!!

Dean O
    Canada

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast