Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!

Article about: Start one of my Dambuster / Air War Europe Tours tomorrow so it will be great to discuss the 2 Lancs Flying together with the clients whilst we are away !! Must admit it's a shame that the G

I heard one was grounded for 6 days or so with engine problems,had to cut short Bournemouth but glad to see it back touring again,was it pure luck Nick or did you know something was coming along real soon..................

jwp
    ?

I was lucky enough to get a flypast over my house yesterday morning !, as the weather was bad on Saturday the flypast over a local factory that made merlin engines was called off, it was rearranged for sunday but sadly too early for me to make it there, imagine my surprise when about 9.55 am I heard the growl of merlin engines and dashed into my back yard to see both Lancs low right over my house !, they were low enough to read the numbers and then they both banked and headed north for Scotland, I was made up, to put it mildly !!,
    John.

Hi Jake, no we new they were doing a fly past there so we hot footed it up to the lake!

I had two previous attempts one was scrubbed due to high winds and the other due to low cloud and rain !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Lancasters

Here you go... Not two Lancaster's, but THREE!

Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!

You lucky bugger Harry !

I would loved to have seen that at East Kirby on Sunday!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    You lucky bugger Harry !

I would loved to have seen that at East Kirby on Sunday!

Nick
    Unfortunately I wasn't the one who saw them. I lifted the picture from our regimental website. I have to wait for the Southport air show to see them!

I get to have a guided tour through a Lanc on Friday morning, can't wait! I'd love to have see the two Lancs flying in the UK but this'll be the next best thing.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I get to have a guided tour through a Lanc on Friday morning, can't wait! I'd love to have see the two Lancs flying in the UK but this'll be the next best thing.
    You lucky bugger Dave ! Lots of photos please!!

Nick

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    You lucky bugger Dave ! Lots of photos please!!

Nick
    Yes, and don't forget to take one of you having a wazz on the tailwheel, for luck of course....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Safe flight back to Canada today VeRA !

You have delighted thousands

Nick

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast