Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Captured German Aircraft

Article about: by big ned A captured Jagdgeschwader 3 (JG 3 Udet) aircraft by the look of it. They saw action during Barbarossa in the period 22 June - 5 December 1941. The unit destroyed 1,298 Soviet airc

?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post

The previously post F4U Corsair' s scheme and markings doesn't make much sense.

"E"D is for IJN Yokosuka Air Base.

The green camouflage scheme is army painted.

Regards,
    Taka
    I agree 100%.
    Thats also the reason for my caveat in my description when posting the drawing.
    Now as then I strongly belive, it springs from 'artistic lisence' (which is a nice way of saying 'a figment of someones imagination').
    Not that I know as much about Japanese markings as you do, but merely because of the circumspect comments (or lack of any comment) to the drawing.
    A theory; maybe few if any documentation/photos ever surfaced in the West of the F4U in Japanese guise and thats the reason, that this drawing came about.
    It might be known, that a/the F4U was captured, but there were no photoes/documentation, so they just slapped somehting on the outline of a Corsair.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Scout-PZL P-7 Model
    Correct.

?

As Ned mentioned, some of the two seater Do-355s were trainers. As can be seen in both some of the very blurry/bad angle pics in this thread and some of the later pics.

But not only that; some Do-355s in Germany were set up as nightfighters and had to have the extra seat for the FuG 220 Lichtenstein SN-2 or Fug 217J Neptune/FuG 218 Neptun V airborne intercept radar.

On a relevant note specifically to the captured Do-335s: Here a most excellent break-down of the Do-355s under new management. I keep throwing superlatives about in regards to this amazing machine. I might be the only one finding it odd but efficient looking, but I for one am impressed.

Dornier Do 335. Photo 3.

As a fighter/interceptor, it would not doubt have been fast, sleek and efficient. I have likewise no reason to believe, that it would not have been an extremely efficient night fighter as well albeit a tad slower and with less fuel than the one-seater version.

After development of fighter-bomber, reconnaissance, trainer and night-fighter variants, the role of heavy Zerstörer was next to be developed, as a direct result of the worsening war situation. During the winter of 1944/45, the Do 335 V13 (RP+UP) emerged from the Oberpfaffenhofen factory as the Do 335B-1. This aircraft featured the replacement of the weapons bay by a fuel tank, and the replacement of the 15 mm cannon by 20 mm MG 151 cannon. More heavily armed was the Do 335 V14 (RP+UQ) which, intended for service as the Do 335B-2, featured the same armament and an added MK 103 30-mm cannon mounted in the wings.

The few Allied pilots reporting strange planes in the skies over Germany, must have rubbed their eyes in disbelief, if any of them happened upon this sleek bolt of lightning streaking past them.

I believe there should be more Japanese captured foreign aircraft, maybe they got destroyed, kept secret, so on....

That does not mean that they didn't exist at all. But finding some more evidence on them would be finding a needle in a haystack.

Here are some rear photo of captured Japanese multi-engined aircraft on U.S.S. Bogue at Yokosuka Bay, 1945.

Captured German Aircraft IJA Long-range experimental test aircraft A-26 (Ki-77).

Captured German Aircraft Ki-77

Captured German Aircraft Front: IJA Long-range recon/bomber (Ki-74) Rear: IJN Four-engined heavy bomer G8N1 Renzan.

Captured German Aircraft Japanese ground crews assists U.S. personnel for running the Ki-74 after end of war.

Captured German Aircraft Renzan with U.S. markings.
    Regards,
    Taka

?

I believe there should be more Japanese captured foreign aircraft, maybe they got destroyed, kept secret, so on....

That does not mean that they didn't exist at all. But finding some more evidence on them would be finding a needle in a haystack.

Here are some rear photo of captured Japanese multi-engined aircraft on U.S.S. Bogue at Yokosuka Bay, 1945.

(-PIC-) IJA Long-range experimental test aircraft A-26 (Ki-77).

Regards,
    Taka
    Agreed.

Dang, talk about a sleek plane!! Looks great. Wish that one was somewhere to be seen!

Just read up on it - very interesting story to that one as well. What a time to try to make a record (during war time).

This one arrived in Alameda, CA on January 8, 1946. It was examined and then scrapped. Sad, just sad.

?

What a beautiful, sleek, silver advanced looking craft.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Captured German Aircraft   Captured German Aircraft  

Attached Images Attached Images Captured German Aircraft  Captured German Aircraft 

Here is the first appearance of the A-26:

Captured German Aircraft Painted by Sigeo Koike

Koken Long-range Reserch-plane

Regards,
    Taka

?

Quite like the name of Ki-77s record mission, as I'm wearing my Active Matrix/EPD from a company, that shares the same name

There must have been some captured Lancs too!

You can buy decals for one of them !

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Captured German Aircraft  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    There must have been some captured Lancs too!

You can buy decals for one of them !

Nick
    I wonder what the chances are of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight taking up that scheme during the next re paint?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Here is an excellent site on aircraft color profile.

WINGS PALETTE

Including foreign use and captured aircraft.

For example:

Ta-152 (British)

Attachment 625401

The previously post F4U Corsair' s scheme and markings doesn't make much sense.

ヨD is for IJN Yokosuka Air Base.

The green camouflage scheme is army painted.

Attachment 625418

Regards,
    Taka
    Here`s the same tail number on a Zero model I built .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Captured German Aircraft  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast