Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Chocks away! Tally Ho!

Article about: Here's a couple of pics of my Grandads Tiger Moths and a pic of one my dad crashed near Cunderdin in the wheat belt area of Western Australia. My dad got a blood nose from this crash but my

Default Chocks away! Tally Ho!

Just had an amazing afternoon at Netherthorpe Airfield flying in a WW2 Tiger Moth!

An incredible experience !

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chocks away! Tally Ho!   Chocks away! Tally Ho!  

Chocks away! Tally Ho!   Chocks away! Tally Ho!  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Wow, very cool, Nick!

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Nick , you just joined the twenty minuters !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

I'm glad the weather held out for you mate!! It is a blast isn't it. I hope you did not pull to hard on that control column, they are rather sensitive these moth's aren't they?? All the best from a fellow(moth) "flyer!" Leon.Chocks away! Tally Ho!

A few more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chocks away! Tally Ho!   Chocks away! Tally Ho!  

Chocks away! Tally Ho!  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I'm glad the weather held out for you mate!! It is a blast isn't it. I hope you did not pull to hard on that control column, they are rather sensitive these moth's aren't they?? All the best from a fellow(moth) "flyer!" Leon.Chocks away! Tally Ho!
    I didn't realise they had no brakes until we were coming in to land and the pilot told me!!

Nick

Nice stuff, Gents!

Like the cloudy "Battle of Britain" look.

Cheers!
    Taka

That moth looks great in it's cammo garb Nick, did they give you a little history of the aircraft, the one I flew was an old RAF trainer used in the war, but then again most were! Maybe we should start a Moth flyers club thread!! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    That moth looks great in it's cammo garb Nick, did they give you a little history of the aircraft, the one I flew was an old RAF trainer used in the war, but then again most were! Maybe we should start a Moth flyers thread!! Leon.
    Yes Leon, they did. It was used to search for (and bomb!) U Boats in the Irish sea.However it didn't claim any trophies

The airfield was home to Blenheims in the war and had its own interesting history

Nick

Bomb U-boats!!, that must have been hard work for the Moth, I bet they could only lift a pound of cheese and an old sock to bung at the Reich!! The instructor I flew with said the Aussies still have over 200 of these beauties flying, mainly as crop sprayers! What a great way to kill bugs! Leon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast