Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Could anybody identify these 2 aircraft Dials

Article about: I bought these recently at a local antique shop, it was in a box among loads of other industrial dials an gages. And I stumbled upon these two. My thoughts are that at least the first one is

Default Could anybody identify these 2 aircraft Dials

I bought these recently at a local antique shop, it was in a box among loads of other industrial dials an gages. And I stumbled upon these two. My thoughts are that at least the first one is from the RAF as it has the Air ministry symbol on it, and i suppose mit's from a pre WW2 aircraft as its dated 1938, the second I was told was from a First World War aircraft, but I doubt it But It does look quite old. This is not my area at all (if I ever had an area) so if anybody has any suggestions at all they would be greatly appreciated.

First Gage (with the white face) has the following things written on it

Front-
    D.C. Amperes
    Ref N°5A/1630
    Howard Buttlers Ltd Walsall
    N°AD2232
    Back-
    I can make out B H W F

And the second (with the black face)

Front-
    CARB
    °C
    Mk1A
    Elect

-Back
    I can't see any markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Could anybody identify these 2 aircraft Dials   Could anybody identify these 2 aircraft Dials  

Could anybody identify these 2 aircraft Dials   Could anybody identify these 2 aircraft Dials  

One is an ammeter to measure the current in the electrical system of the aircraft, and the other is a carburetor temperature gauge. Both look like they could come from ww2 period aircraft. Certainly a propeller driven aircraft in the case of the carb guage.

Thanks for the information, I always forget how quick the replies are in this forum

Found this thread

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...xxx-etc-82212/

5A = Ground Lighting and Miscellaneous Equipment

As for the ammeter the company who built it still exists Home Howard Butler LTD, it might be worth contacting them for info!...