Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Dampfungskreisel ID please (Messershmitt autopilot part ? )

Article about: Hi. Like 2 years ago my neighbour gave me this part. He said its a part from rocket but somehow i dont belived in that story. After some reserches i figured out this might be part from messe

Default Dampfungskreisel ID please (Messershmitt autopilot part ? )

Hi.
    Like 2 years ago my neighbour gave me this part. He said its a part from rocket but somehow i dont belived in that story. After some reserches i figured out this might be part from messershmitt autopilot. Do any one could comfirm if i'm right? Please help
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dampfungskreisel ID please (Messershmitt autopilot part ? )   Dampfungskreisel ID please (Messershmitt autopilot part ? )  

Dampfungskreisel ID please (Messershmitt autopilot part ? )   Dampfungskreisel ID please (Messershmitt autopilot part ? )  

Dampfungskreisel ID please (Messershmitt autopilot part ? )   Dampfungskreisel ID please (Messershmitt autopilot part ? )  

It roughly translates as a damping gyro, its also missing an FL. number, so it might just be rocket. As for Messerschmitt.....it needs to be big enough to handle an auto pilot at the very least.

Cheers Mike

I found only one photo of Messerschmitt autopilot. V1 and V2 rockets had 2 quite big gyros mounted to 1 plate as I seen. Another option is wasserfall rocket but i cant find any information about gyro which was used for this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dampfungskreisel ID please (Messershmitt autopilot part ? ) 

This is the damping gyroscope for the Patin PDS (Patin Dreiachsen Steuerung) or PKS/11 (Patin Kurs Steuerung) systems. This was purely an aircraft autopilot system, none were ever fitted to rockets or gliding weapons etc. The Patin autopilots were typically fitted to twin engined aircraft such as Ju388, Do217, He219, Ar234, Do335 among others. Early examples of the Dämpfungskreisel were made by Askania (like yours) until Patin took over production. The last two digits of the Anforderzeichen denote the spring stiffness of the gyroscope frame, this determines the ratio between angular velocity and angular acceleration that the instrument measures. By using different spring settings the autopilot could be matched to the dynamics of a particular aircraft type.

regards,

Funksammler