Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Extremely Rare WWI Aircraft Interphone

Article about: by Steven M Mike....ohhhhhhh yea, I remember that buy it now example. You did NOT pay too much in my opinion. I wanted to pull the trigger on it, but had funds going elsewhere at the time. I

iron cross
    ?

Default Re: Extremely Rare WWI Aircraft Interphone

Yes a very interresting piece that is in great condition thanks for sharing. Were did you find this rare piece of history?

Has anyone ever seen one these or had one in their collection?
    Last edited by Steven M; 12-12-2009 at 06:18 AM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Has anyone ever seen one these or had one in their collection?

No!! I came to very odd things in my profesion but never saw that.
    Intresting and charming object!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Here is yet another component of the Inter-phone system. The propeller for the generator seen in post #10 can also be seen below as mounted on a DH-4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Extremely Rare WWI Aircraft Interphone  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

jh92
    ?

Wow thats all very, very , very interesting!

Many thanks! I just picked up one of the props for this system, but was not aware it was for a communication application. Are these props scarce also? I collect WW1 era items and have a few related aircraft items including a Hythe Camera Gun marked to the RFC. I couldn't resist the prop!

- Best regards! MikeS

Quote by MikeS0000 View Post
    Many thanks! I just picked up one of the props for this system, but was not aware it was for a communication application. Are these props scarce also? I collect WW1 era items and have a few related aircraft items including a Hythe Camera Gun marked to the RFC. I couldn't resist the prop!

- Best regards! MikeS
    Hi Mike,

Yes, the props are hard to find, but I have seen three on ebay in the last two years, so they are out there. BTW...if you picked yours up on ebay within the last two months...you probably outbid me......

BTW,

Please post a thread relating to your camera, now these are very rare, and I would LOVE to see it!

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Hi Mike,

Yes, the props are hard to find, but I have seen three on ebay in the last two years, so they are out there. BTW...if you picked yours up on ebay within the last two months...you probably outbid me......

BTW,

Please post a thread relating to your camera, now these are very rare, and I would LOVE to see it!
    Hello Steven -

Many thanks for the information! I don't believe I outbid you, but may have paid too much, as it was a Buy-It-Now option. However it had two perfect decals and I couldn't resist....

The Hythe came out of the Hill Air Force Base in Ogden, Utah. Not sure what it was doing there. It is a complete crated set (minus sights which I have repos of) and includes an original training booklet in tissue thin paper.

Will dig out some photos and post in a bit!

- Best regards, Mike

Quote by MikeS0000 View Post
    Hello Steven -

Many thanks for the information! I don't believe I outbid you, but may have paid too much, as it was a Buy-It-Now option. However it had two perfect decals and I couldn't resist....

The Hythe came out of the Hill Air Force Base in Ogden, Utah. Not sure what it was doing there. It is a complete crated set (minus sights which I have repos of) and includes an original training booklet in tissue thin paper.

Will dig out some photos and post in a bit!

- Best regards, Mike

Mike....ohhhhhhh yea, I remember that buy it now example. You did NOT pay too much in my opinion. I wanted to pull the trigger on it, but had funds going elsewhere at the time. I look forward to seeing your post!

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thanks Steve. Appreciate the check on the price. I was shooting in the dark on the price, but it looked pretty decent. I have another (small) prop segment with a London maker's decal and photo of the original owner, but no idea as to the what, where or who unfortunately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast