Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

F-86H Manual

Article about: This is a F-86H maintenance manual that belonged to my grandfather when he was in the USAF stationed at Nellis AFB in Nevada. I found this about ten years ago when i was younger and now i'm

Default F-86H Manual

This is a F-86H maintenance manual that belonged to my grandfather when he was in the USAF stationed at Nellis AFB in Nevada. I found this about ten years ago when i was younger and now i'm trying to keep it from falling apart, so i put all the pages in sheet protectors. when i found it the binder that it was in was completely eaten by bugs, but all the pages are still there. I think it is amaizing my grandfather still remembers all this stuff.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F-86H Manual   F-86H Manual  

F-86H Manual   F-86H Manual  

Default Re: F-86H Manual

These were great Korean War era jets.
    Good to keep the manual protected in those sleeves now.

The 'H' model was the last of the 'Sabre' series to be made,
    U.S. production ceased in December 1956.
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice manual. I need to find my other Great Uncle's items. I swear he was part of the 101st.

i ran out of plastic sheets! there are about 500 some pages and i put two pages per sheet protector being that there is nothing on the back of each sheet. my grandpa says that there are more manuals around the house so i'm going to have to do some hunting. i just wish i had the binder it came in, damn them book beetles!!
    thanks for the comments guys.

?

That is so cool Goose- must've been a lot of them printed originally, but who knows how many survive today; glad you're saving them. The Saber was such a cool airplane.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

here is a little display i made for my grandfather, i would like to find some period patches to go with it: air training command 1950's and the 3596th combat crew training squadron.
    when i was little i asked my grandfather if he had any medal and he said no, when i got older i found his D D-214 and it had the good conduct medal and national defense service medal so i sent off for them and he finally got them after almost 50 years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F-86H Manual  

So nice to do this for him !
    Lots of guys were eligible for medals and did not know.
    Regards,

Steve.

i would like to get a USAF ike jacket like he use to wear