Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

F104G Starfighter

Article about: I thought this was worth sharing!.... "Anybody want's to buy a Starfighter? Well, then buy an acre of land....and wait..." Die Wartung des Starfighters F 104 G - Vor-und Nachflugin

?

I love the look of the "widowmaker" in the air , saw a couple at Fairford a couple of times , great performance for what it was intended for but a real rodeo ride ! Nice link Gunny
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi Ned also known as the flying coffin ,
    ....And the 'Tent Peg' whilst the Canadians referred to them as the 'Lawn Dart' which is hardly suprising as they had a 50% attrition rate throughout their service with the RCAF.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    ....And the 'Tent Peg' whilst the Canadians referred to them as the 'Lawn Dart' which is hardly suprising as they had a 50% attrition rate throughout their service with the RCAF.
    50% holy sh*t!....

A truly deadly weapons system... For its pilots.

Here is the one on display in the Deutsches Museum in Munich (snaps taken during my visit there last year):

F104G Starfighter

F104G Starfighter

F104G Starfighter

F104G StarfighterF104G Starfighter

Certainly an impressive looking aircraft, there are 2 or 3 of them at the Luftwaffen museum at Gatow Berlin, it was a very cold December day!...

ive often thought the f104 design echoes the earlier blackburn buccaneerF104G Starfighter

Quote by James C View Post
    ive often thought the f104 design echoes the earlier blackburn buccaneerF104G Starfighter
    I suppose they do have a similar configuration James, i know which one i'd prefer to fly in and it wouldn't be the Starfighter!...
    Just read that about 270 German Starfighters were lost in accidents, just under 30% of the total force and 110 pilots were killed!...

I'd definitely have a Starfighter if I couldn't afford a Saab Draken!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2