Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fw190 propeller in severe relic condion

Article about: Hello all! I was wondering if you guys could give me your honest opinion of this piece. Its a 100% original Fw190 propeller, but its condition is very rough. I was in the process of buying i

Default Fw190 propeller in severe relic condion

Hello all! I was wondering if you guys could give me your honest opinion of this piece. Its a 100% original Fw190 propeller, but its condition is very rough. I was in the process of buying it today, but had to cancel the order last minute because of an issue with my bank. It has severe corrosion, and weathering. Even though the condition is lacking, I believe it would still display nicely. Also the seller told me has the info of this particular Fw190 crash site, and could give me that info when I purchase it. So here's the price, $300+ $100 shipping from the U.K. Should i go for it, or pass it up? Please let me know your opinion.

Best regards- Jarret

Fw190 propeller in severe relic condionFw190 propeller in severe relic condion

Wow, that is seriously corroded. My concern would be it may be beyond stabilising and such advanced corrosion would leave you in a few years time with a pile of white powder and flakes.

Sounds like a lot of money for such a poor quality piece of aircraft. As said once the alloy starts to degrade down like this there is not a lot you can do.

Bad condition, have you the marking ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Lightbulb

Other VDM prop blades have been discussed on the Forum previously at : -

German VDM aircraft propeller from Dorset

It's unlikely that this item - even in good condition - would show much in the way of markings. You're relying on the honesty/reputation of the seller as to provenance.

As others have said, the condition is very rough for the price. I wouldn't be tempted but at the end of the day, it's not my money......

Thank you all for your opinions! You are all right, the condition is very rough for the price. I'm afraid the thing might fall apart during shipment. I'm going to save the cash, and buy some other aircraft relics from a guy I know. Really awesome stuff too. Really appreciate all your help!

Best regards- Jarret
    Last edited by Luftwaffe 1941; 10-22-2017 at 02:07 AM.