Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GO229 Elevator

Article about: So it is a flap then?...

?

Default GO229 Elevator

I've come across this trough a friend of mine recently: GO229 HO229 Horten IX prototype elevon 1945 flying wing german aircraft !!!! | eBay

GO229 ElevatorGO229 ElevatorGO229 ElevatorGO229 ElevatorGO229 ElevatorGO229 ElevatorGO229 ElevatorGO229 ElevatorGO229 ElevatorGO229 ElevatorGO229 Elevator

eBay Description:
    You bid on the left elevator, which dates back to the prototype for the Horten HO IX, also known as HO 229 or GO 229th. In this plane, it was a revolutionary twin-engine flying wing, designed by the Horten brothers from Bonn, Germany. From 1944, production was moved to Gotha, Germany towards the end of the 2nd WK has developed the machine through the Gotha engineers to a larger range with greater max. speed ​​and max. bomb load to achieve. Especially in the area of ​​the wings and elevator should be as short time immediately before the war, even major changes are implemented. Only 3 units were completed.

Actually the elevator or exterior doors of all 229 HO (V1 / V2 / V3) were made of wood, but by decision of Nov. 1944, presented in early 1945, her only attempt 2 reinforced rudder duralumin. These were for a long time had been lost, and, if known only absolute insiders. Also in 1945, the Americans captured "third" machine HO 229 V3, which is now in a bad state in the United States, has wings made of wood which are mounted anymore.

The elevator was still offered in the spring of 1945, made in the "Gothaer Waggonfabrik", disappeared in the confusion at the end of the war and did not appear until about 3 years. There were only 2 copies be manufactured both for the left side. You are bidding on the rudder, where the 2nd suspension point fuselage is "open", even if some of the photos both outside flaps are shown. This is just for comparison and illustration as well as the accompanying drawings and historical photos from the construction of the machine. The offered item is 4.13 m long and weigth nearly 60 kilogram. Please ask for shipping, we have to find a special way.

Please also offered my flap of Ho229.

Nearly 80 copies of original plans (flap/ elevon) from the Technical Museum Munich are inclusive via PDF.

Happy bidding and please no comments. Thank you.

Personally I wouldn't trust it, but thought id' share for discussion.

Reasons for distrust:
    No mention of serial numbers/manufacturers stamp plates/any markings whatsoever. From my experience in aviation, all parts tend to be marked, even the smallest ones in some way. Being of German origin, I'd certainly expect markings of some sort. Second, he doesn't mention where he got them, just that they were lost for all this time.

Martin

Default Re: GO229 Elevator

I think he is dreaming on the asking price!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

£185,700.00 Hahhahahahaaaaa
    And there's no trim tab!...

?

Well spotted on the lack of a trim tab! Completely missed that!

Martin

Thats a crazy price.
    The 0 bids reflect that.

Cheers
    Nuno

It's not even got an aerofoil shape, it looks more like a flap or even an undercarriage door!..

What a joke.
    chris

worse of all it has no plane to go with it.

?

I remember reading an article about this plane a while ago,Found the site,If you look at the ninth colour photo down,I think thats what she is.

Horten IX (Gotha Go 229) in detail

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast