Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Harvard training plane

Article about: Lol

Default Harvard training plane

I was fortunate enough to have the chance to sit and have a somewhat bumpy ride in the Harvard here in Hamilton and it was a ride of a lifetime i enjoyed it and have an even more respect for the young guy who had like 25 h of flight in that plane before going to war overseas .

I was the only one with a camera between the two plane so i have pic of the other one who was flying near us and doing some maneuvers around us .Sorry for the poor picture as it was very windy and had a fun time holding the camera without knocking it to the canope

The Harvard, named after the university, was produced as an export version of the AT-6 Texan advanced trainer. It became the standard advanced trainer for the BCATP in Canada and the RAF in Britain. It was used to train thousands of Commonwealth pilots for combat flying in fighters and fighter-bombers.
    Harvard  training planeHarvard  training planeHarvard  training plane

?

Default Re: Harvard training plane

Frenchy a few years back my wife bought me a ride on a texan. Like you said the ride of a life time . The pilot I had was great. He asked if I wanted to do anything or just take a flight . I told him that I heard the hot shot German pilots would come in on the bombers upside down attack and then peel off. The next thing I know we are upside down and then we had he ride of my life. Victory rolls barrel rolls great time. Glad you had a good time . Gary

Gary you were more willing than me he ask me what kind of ride i wanted and i told him at 51 years old i wanted to be able to get out of there without changing my pants and he was laughing a lot pilot was very nice with me always checking if it was ok and instead of 20 minute ride he gave me a 35 m . Next time if i am lucky enough to go back in one i will try the Victory rolls barrell
    Frenchy

Great pics !

Looks like you had a beautiful day for it, Frenchy. It must have been so exciting.........!
    ( The 'AT-6' Texan is virtually the same aircraft as the Harvard )
    Regards,

Steve.

Steve in fact beside a bit of wind it was a perfect day i was happy i could have the chance like that

?

seems like a great experience .............. whats it take to get a ride in one of those? would love to try it out.

Quote by frenchy View Post
    Steve in fact beside a bit of wind it was a perfect day i was happy i could have the chance like that
    Lol - there are no 'Jealous' or 'Green with Envy' emoticons.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Syrinx View Post
    seems like a great experience .............. whats it take to get a ride in one of those? would love to try it out.
    Syrinx if you go to the Warplane museum website CANADIAN WARPLANE HERITAGE you will have the price and the time and all the info there is a lot of plane you can get a ride out of even the Lancaster Bomber but for a juicy price . I was fortunate enough to take the place of a friend who could not go on that day .

?

Frenchy when I went I was only supposed to go for a half an hour but I bumped it to a hour . One of the things that also stood out was being able to pull the canopy back and feel the wind. My pilot let me tack the stick for a short time but I told him I was thinking to hard about what I had to do. So I asked him to just give me the best roller coaster ride of my life .

Gary you were lucky they do 20 m ride normally here and i was looking at the stick and said to myself as long as its moving i am in good hand lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast