MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I want a tornado!

Article about: This is brilliant, I've watched it three times! Http://www.youtube.com/embed/sjvgC1cKQGA

cant handle my stomach right now..and it was only a Vid >_< ...
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    I was fortunate enough to go to a talk by John Peters, who was shot down in the 1991 Gulf War and co- authored "Tornado Down" with John Nichol, last weekend. He mentioned that at one point they were flying as low as 15 feet off the deck!
    shame they couldnt get as low as the Buccaneer.........

The Buc is a lovely old aircraft. I spent 3 hours washing one last Saturday but alas, she's getting on and the elements are not being kind. Quite a bit of the skin is dissolving on top.

That reminds me, if anyone in the Inverness area would like to volunteer to clean, paint, disassemble, reassemble and generally mess around with aircraft, my local museum could do with some more help.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    The Buc is a lovely old aircraft. I spent 3 hours washing one last Saturday but alas, she's getting on and the elements are not being kind. Quite a bit of the skin is dissolving on top.

That reminds me, if anyone in the Inverness area would like to volunteer to clean, paint, disassemble, reassemble and generally mess around with aircraft, my local museum could do with some more help.
    Which jet is it at Inverness?

The one at Elgin petrol station is slowly getting worse too.....shame.....

I spent 2 fantastic tours on Bucc's at Lossie as an Armourer(i am still in the nearby area)..208 Sqn each tour..loved it......twas a sad day on the last see ins....

I'd love to get into helping out but my shifts screw me up......would be good to have a looksee around one of the ol girls again....see how much i can remember,or forgotten

It's the old Navy S1 Lossie gate guard so you will probably know it well. They also have the cockpit section of a S2B.

I'm at Lossie at the moment in the Weapon Training Cell on 12s old HAS site. Would you know Al Jones or Geoff Allen? Both ex 12 Sqn Bucc Armourers. I got talking to one of the McPherson drivers last year at the families day and he was an Ex 208 Sqn plumber but I've forgotten his name.

It's the old Navy S1 Lossie gate guard so you will probably know it well. They also have the cockpit section of a S2B.

I'm at Lossie at the moment in the Weapon Training Cell on 12s old HAS site. Would you know Al Jones or Geoff Allen? Both ex 12 Sqn Bucc Armourers. I got talking to one of the McPherson drivers last year at the families day and he was an Ex 208 Sqn plumber but I've forgotten his name.
    yup i know the old S1.....i spent many a drunken time trying to pinch the bomb door key :lol:

I do know an Al Jones and i came across Geoff too at differing times....i am trying to think of the drivers( i deal with mcphersons every shift im on) you mention..it could be one of two i know but they never served on 208...one was a SNCO in the Training Cell and the other was in AGSE with me, he was a Mech.....

Quote by timetolook View Post
    yup i know the old S1.....i spent many a drunken time trying to pinch the bomb door key :lol:

I do know an Al Jones and i came across Geoff too at differing times....i am trying to think of the drivers( i deal with mcphersons every shift im on) you mention..it could be one of two i know but they never served on 208...one was a SNCO in the Training Cell and the other was in AGSE with me, he was a Mech.....
    Your right, it's the lad from AGSE, we were talking about 208 as that's where we were standing at the time but you've reminded me, he was AGSE. You should see the camp now, all the spruce are being cut down because the new super duper radar keeps picking them up when they move! It's not that super duper if it doesn't know what a tree look like!

Your right, it's the lad from AGSE, we were talking about 208 as that's where we were standing at the time but you've reminded me, he was AGSE. You should see the camp now, all the spruce are being cut down because the new super duper radar keeps picking them up when they move! It's not that super duper if it doesn't know what a tree look like!
    yup tis the same guy.....AGSE was in the hangar K20 on the same area as 208's HAS site........ive not been on the camp in years...i left the mob in 97...however i am in Lossie regualr as my wife is from there.....her family still live in the town......

you reminded me with this talk of 208 that there is a reunion at the end of May in the Skerry,i shall have to make it along for a pint or 3 i feel....

Quote by ian_ View Post
    Not much useful in the Tonka, unfortunately. Did come back with a bang seat out of a Valiant though.

Do you still have that tornado tub?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3