Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Junghans blind-flight/ instrumental flight clock

Article about: Hi folks! I might need a little help with this clock.. is this from ww2 luftwaffe fighter or bomber? or postwar I'm trying to search for information, but I do not really find any revolutiona

?

Default Junghans blind-flight/ instrumental flight clock

Hi folks! I might need a little help with this clock.. is this from ww2 luftwaffe fighter or bomber? or postwar
    I'm trying to search for information, but I do not really find any revolutionary info Attachment 922143Attachment 922144Attachment 922141Attachment 922145Attachment 922142

?

It was used in the Me-109 and other planes too.......https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=...+borduhr+j30bz
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

This box looks disturbing new clock looks old. but such a serial number that is on the front panel which is scraped off I did not see in the wartime models Attachment 922152Attachment 922153

?

Thumbs down

I don't think it is WW 2 German. If so it is quite different from the 2 or 3 that I have.
    Sarge

The case is surely postwar, but the clock itself is WW2. The clock is a 5th model of the pilot's clock called the BO-UK1, but the brass winding crown is from an earlier model and it is missing the dust cover in the back. Also the face with numbers erased may be a post war replacement.

Here is what I mean by the 5th model. I will show you how they evolved over time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Junghans blind-flight/ instrumental flight clock  

Here is the dust cover you are missing on the back. Dust covers were installed from the 2nd model and they also evolved in specs, but by the 5th model they were black or shiny aluminum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Junghans blind-flight/ instrumental flight clock  

Finally a comparison with the BO-UK1 used post war up until the 70s. On the right is the post war model, and I also show the plate on the postwar model. They were basically identical with the WW2 models of 1942, but the ring holding the glass became plastic instead of bakelite and the glass could also be plastic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Junghans blind-flight/ instrumental flight clock   Junghans blind-flight/ instrumental flight clock  

Here is a complete instrument panel from a Bf109 G10 I built up from original parts. See how the type 5 clock is installed.

From the 4th model the casing was also changed. Yours should be the type on the left. If it is the right one, now it means your clock was a 4th model or earlier with the wrong face (stopwatch part).

And here is the super rare type 6 model made in 1941 on the occasion of Junghans' 80th anniversary as presentation pieces. They were basically a type 5, but had the special feature of the Junghans logo on the face and was mounted on a wooden block with a Junghans plate in front. These are serial numbered in pencil under the block.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Junghans blind-flight/ instrumental flight clock   Junghans blind-flight/ instrumental flight clock  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast