Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kiwi Fighter

Article about: Hey gent's, We are having our Weapons instruction course going on at the base. This guy and several more like it are here to play. It has a KIWI in the middle of the bulls eye , So I take it

It's rather nice they are still being used in a military training role (all be it a private contractor) rather than just a rich man's toy.

?

We had one down here in Oz used for joy flights until the wing snapped off mid flight , was a few years ago 10 or more years.

?

I found the report of this incident. Was 2006 , very unfortunate , would have been a great ride until it broke up.

Attachment 1354956

?

Here we go Gent's,
    The Kiwi's Strikemaster's returned and the one with the "Company" shield was here and I promised I would get a pic of it !!

They are flying with Infrared optics camera's hanging on the pylons????? Spook's

Click To Enlarge
    Kiwi FighterKiwi Fighter

Semper Fi
    Phil

Well done Phil, Blue Air Training eh? Looks we are watching the watchers.

By the way NZ6361 shouldn't have that sharks teeth nose art, not official old boy.

Kiwi FighterKiwi Fighter

I reckon they'd be up to no good there Phil

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Well done Phil, Blue Air Training eh? Looks we are watching the watchers.

By the way NZ6361 shouldn't have that sharks teeth nose art, not official old boy.
    Could have been added in RNZAF service after the picture was taken? or most likely not!

?

Thank's Anderson. You have great info from your side that I find very interesting.
    Rene' they may be a contractor's training spooks !!
    This is from their site.
    Blue Air Training – Contract Close Air Support (CAS)

Here are their Planes!!
    I haven't seen the one in the foreground with the Warthog/Dragon nose here yet!!! If I do I'll be sure to get a good pic of that one.
    That prop job in the background is also here.
    Aircraft | Blue Air Training

Semper Fi
    Phil

Or maybe we can blame the Aussies for the nose art since from 1993 the aircraft was owned by Australian interests, before being sold to another US company which later on sold to the Blue Air Training people.

Keep watching Phil, we need more photos.

Press release of 22 October 2019

" Blue Air Training Awarded USAF Air Combat Command Contract

Combat Air Force

Las Vegas, Nevada: Blue Air Training today announced their award of a 10-year contract from the U.S. Department of Defense. Seven companies will utilize $6.4 billion in funding to provide complete contracted air support services for realistic and challenging advanced close air support and adversary air threats. Blue Air Training will be focused on the Close Air Support component of the contract and operating from its bases in Las Vegas, Yuma, and Pensacola.

Blue Air Training is currently contracted to execute 100% of the Air Force’s live weapons employment for contracted Close Air Support training. Blue Air was the first company to be accredited to employ live weapons when the USAF began contracting that aspect of training in 2015. As the holder of a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) Type 11license, Blue Air sources bombs and armament from the same US factories that supply the Air Force. In addition to Blue Air’s current fleet of BAC-167 Strikemaster attack jets, the primary workhorse will be the A-90 Raider light attack turboprop aircraft which offers 6 hardpoints for weapons, fuel, and high definition sensors from FLIR Inc. The A-90’s are also equipped and currently operating with LINK 16 tactical datalink, encrypted radios, night vision goggles (NVG), and video downlink (VDL) so that they operationally emulate any front-line fighter’s capabilities for the Joint Terminal Attack Controllers (JTAC). "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast