Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lancaster 'Just Jane' end of season taxy runs and fireworks

Article about: Had a superb day at East Kirkby a couple of weeks ago! Watched Jane do a day and night-time taxy run followed by a fantastic firework display! Such a beauty, hurry up and get in the air Jane

Default Lancaster 'Just Jane' end of season taxy runs and fireworks

Had a superb day at East Kirkby a couple of weeks ago! Watched Jane do a day and night-time taxy run followed by a fantastic firework display!

Such a beauty, hurry up and get in the air Jane !

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lancaster 'Just Jane' end of season taxy runs and fireworks   Lancaster 'Just Jane' end of season taxy runs and fireworks  

Lancaster 'Just Jane' end of season taxy runs and fireworks   Lancaster 'Just Jane' end of season taxy runs and fireworks  

Lancaster 'Just Jane' end of season taxy runs and fireworks   Lancaster 'Just Jane' end of season taxy runs and fireworks  

Lancaster 'Just Jane' end of season taxy runs and fireworks  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thought this bird would never fly again?
    I must re visit soon.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Thought this bird would never fly again?
    I must re visit soon.
    The plan is to get her in the air

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

wow that would be incredible, hats off to all involved with that, where would she take off from? if i remember correctly there is no runway at Kirby just a stretch to taxi.

There is a runway just need to get the landowners permission when the time comes

I went to East Kirby a good few years ago and stayed in Horncastle for the night.

Loved the "night run", the roar of the four RR Merlins was a joy to be hold.

Quite emotional really.

Enjoyed the beer afterwards as well