Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lancaster update.

Article about: A quick Lancaster update. My friend took this picture today of two Lancaster's receding into the distance at Stamford, Lincs. Roll on Southport air show! Cheers, Steve.

Default Lancaster update.

A quick Lancaster update. My friend took this picture today of two Lancaster's receding into the distance at Stamford, Lincs. Roll on Southport air show!

Cheers,
    Steve.

Lancaster update.

Great photo!.....

Beautiful planes. The sound must have been amazing.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Please forgive me in advance as im not so knowledgeable as many members here but these latest pictures show the BBMF with three AVRO'S not a Spitfire or Hurricane in sight,so is this a special one off and these wonderful aircraft are being retired after this year,as it states on the official website?or do they mean just the two Lancs flying together and will resume next year back to the normal format of one Lanc/Spitfire/Hurricane?sorry to sound thick.anyways here's the pics...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lancaster update.   Lancaster update.  

Lancaster update.   Lancaster update.  

Hi, a great photograph, it must have been a real experience seeing those two old birds together! As for your question Jake, I think this is just a one off special event as the second Lancaster had to fly 4,500 miles from Canada for this occasion. I have not heard that the RAF Memorial Flight are planning to "retire" the Lancaster. I think they will both just be going back to their "normal" duties now, hopefully bringing many more years of living history to our skies. Leon.

?

Was at Stamford, ... It was a great sight, but they only made one pass.

Thanks Leon,I did kind of think the two together was pacifically for the 100 year anniversary,but where does that leave the Vulcan?is that to retire too?or join with the normal trio?sorry for all the questions...............

The Vulcan is kept airworthy by a band of enthusiasts, and it relies entirely on donations to keep it in the air. It has nothing to do with the BBMF.

Great pics ! An awesome sight !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Steve for the clarification,as these pics came from the BBMF official facebook page I just assumed it was all tied in together,guess thats how easily things get misunderstood..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast