Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Look what flew over my house today

Article about: They fly over my house on their way to Buckingham Palace, and about 20 min latter they fly back over. When they fly over I have a couple of mins to find the news on the tv, watch them on the

Default re: Look what flew over my house today

They fly over my house on their way to Buckingham Palace, and about 20 min latter they fly back over. When they fly over I have a couple of mins to find the news on the tv, watch them on the telly, and then wait a short while and they fly back over my house.
    Got a photo of the Red Arrows as well this year, but it didn't come out right.
    During the summer, we get the occasional Spitfire and P51 Mustang, etc, fly over
    I will have to try a bit harder, and hope for a lucky coincidence of me being in and hearing the Lancaster fly over, so that I can get some photos like yours
    Cheers, Simon.

?

What a treat. I would love to see & hear that flying overhead.

?

Yes you are correct there are two working left in the world.....BUT,one of them broke down and now they are searching for parts and as you could imagine its not easy to find parts of something when theres only 2 left in the world!
    I saw the last flying one on the ground/inside of it, and in fligt- it was amazing!!!

Default Re: Look what flew over my house today

Hi great pictures,all the old birds are flying today!One hell of a noise outside today,great sight the one and only flying VULCAN BOMBER,WHAT A SIGHT!
    Sorry no camera at the ready! but if you lads live near me Yeovilton air show
    in somerset is on this weekend 10/11 july(check first.) every type off craft will be there,a must see for everyone!
    Regards steve.

WHO DARES WINS!

I live in Southern Ontario Canada...bit of a jaunt to get to Somerset. Always wanted to go. I am in the cheese business, and always wanted to see the Gorge.

Do take pictures if you go to the airshow
    ScB

Not a B17, but almost... Just kidding. I always get a thrill when I see these WWII heavies - they saved the world in my humble opinion! I had the pleasure of walking through a B17 and a B24 many years ago at a local municipal airport when they were touring the USA together. It was astounding to me how thin the skin was, thinner - it seemed - than a soda can, obviously to limit the dead weight and increase the payload. Those poor bastards, 5 miles up, flying straight and level to deliver the goods on target, and the paper thin skin was nothing more than a wind breaker in the below zero atmosphere. Without the 'round the clock bombing efforts by the RAF and the USAAF the world may very well have been a much different place! The crews of those birds deserve much more recognition than they have received over the years. Jim G.

It wont be long until this beauty is the third airworthy Lancaster, the beautiful "Just Jane" I have heard her 4 Merlins roar many times!

Lancaster taxy rides - Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre
    Attached Images Attached Images Look what flew over my house today  Look what flew over my house today 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi,
    sorry about that, at long last here they are.
    dave

sweet pics.

it's interesting that the third Lanc has seen some action. The Lanc over here never fired a round, or dropped a leaflet. It was taken from a park, where the historic bird was mounted on a pedestal...reworked with parts from everywhere, and now patrols our skies.

I guess I am quite lucky. The Battle of Britain memorial flight is based close to where I live. (RAF Conningsby) They fly quite regular around here including a Dakota.

My Gran lived in Lincoln (bomber county) during the war. She used to see Lancs flying out and would say a prayer for them. She would then often see them fly back in. She said they were always flying so low on their return just above the rooftops.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast