Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification help

Article about: Just got a fairly large package of relics from the very historic Stalingrad area. Ive been looking for large pieces of Luftwaffe aircraft fuselage to add to my collection for quite some time

Default Luftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification help

Just got a fairly large package of relics from the very historic Stalingrad area. Ive been looking for large pieces of Luftwaffe aircraft fuselage to add to my collection for quite some time now. Well I just got one large part in the mail today, but I have no idea what it is. I also got a small part sent in the same box with this larger one. I don't know what this small part is either. Any ideas on what these relics are? I'm pretty sure the large part is some type of internal piece, because of the black cockpit paint. This part also has some type of microphone/speaker port?? I'm really drawing blanks on these. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards- Jarret

Luftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification helpLuftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification helpLuftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification helpLuftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification helpLuftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification helpLuftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification help

That second smaller piece with serial numbers I would think there is a reasonable chance of identification. And both pieces quite well preserved, as I assume they have been in the ground since the 1940's.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    That second smaller piece with serial numbers I would think there is a reasonable chance of identification. And both pieces quite well preserved, as I assume they have been in the ground since the 1940's.
    Yes, I agree. I think someone could ID it from the numbers. It looks very familiar, but I just cant figure it out. As for the more larger part, I'm completely in the dark. hopefully some one more experienced in aircraft parts can help me out. I hope danmark will see this post soon, as he is well versed in these parts. That's what I like about these aircraft relics, they age very well. Even in the ground for 70+ years.

Best regards- Jarret

Saved the photos - I'll do a bit of searching. The blue anodized aluminium clamp looks like a quick release for an oxygen bottle......

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Saved the photos - I'll do a bit of searching. The blue anodized aluminium clamp looks like a quick release for an oxygen bottle......

Dan
    Thank you so much Danmark! Cant wait to hear back from you. Interesting, I had no clue what the blue anodized piece was.

Best regards- Jarret

LUFTWAFFE 1941......Not only do I agree wholeheartedly with ANDERSON and DANMARK, I also suggest that you concentrate your research on the hallmark. Hallmarks are most often well documented......Doug.

QUICK SEARCH....the National Registration Assignments 1919 Convention is a beginning, but it does not help that while GERMANY = D.....the US = N and the British Empire = G. I would shoot from the hip that the Soviet Union = R and concentrate on what appears to be crossed hammers in the hallmark. That suggests Russian.

Wikipedia Aircraft Registration Prefixes Post 1928 Allocations lists the Russian Federation as having RF, but it is unclear how the rules apply specifically to military or even civilian aircraft parts.
    Last edited by stakeside; 10-30-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Quote by stakeside View Post
    LUFTWAFFE 1941......Not only do I agree wholeheartedly with ANDERSON and DANMARK, I also suggest that you concentrate your research on the hallmark. Hallmarks are most often well documented......Doug.

QUICK SEARCH....the National Registration Assignments 1919 Convention is a beginning, but it does not help that while GERMANY = D.....the US = N and the British Empire = G. I would shoot from the hip that the Soviet Union = R and concentrate on what appears to be crossed hammers in the hallmark. That suggests Russian.

Wikipedia Aircraft Registration Prefixes Post 1928 Allocations lists the Russian Federation as having RF, but it is unclear how the rules apply specifically to military or even civilian aircraft parts.
    Thank you for this helpful information stakeside, I also agree the hallmark will be my best bet to identifying that part. The only reason im not leaning toward this part being Russian, is because I saw this same type of part in a relic hunting video. Its a video where they excavate a ME109 from the ground. That blue anodized part was shown briefly in the wreckage. I could still be wrong on it not being Russain though. The crossed hammers defiantly look Russain. Thanks again for your help!

Best regards- Jarret

mpw
    ?

Had a bit of a look around and found a crossed hammer foundry mark. Unfortunately not a lot of information other than it is an antique German mark possibly on part of a coffee grinding machine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification help  

Hi Jarret,
    Well I searched about and couldn’t definitively tie them down – but I can add a bit more info.

1) I am still leaning toward the clamp being Oxygen related – see in the attached photos of the ‘blinker’ and the bottle how the convention for OXY related items was 'electric blue' in the Luftwaffe?

Luftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification help Luftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification help

2) As for the other part, it is an access panel of some sort – you can see the circular sections are for “1/2 turn” quick release fasteners ( like the Dzus ones shown here ) I think it would be pretty hard to tie down exactly which aircraft it was from though. Could have been access to any number of items ( camera / radar / gyro compass / ammo chutes / generator )

Luftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification help

Cheers, Dan
    Last edited by Danmark; 10-31-2017 at 03:09 AM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

LUFTWAFFE 1941.....so far it looks like two points for the Germans and two strikes for the Russians. As member REAL STEEL says....eight more strikes for the Russians before they lie down.....Doug.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast