Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification help

Article about: Just got a fairly large package of relics from the very historic Stalingrad area. Ive been looking for large pieces of Luftwaffe aircraft fuselage to add to my collection for quite some time

I think Danmark is getting hot with his Oxygen bottle. Colour and need for a quick release catch makes sense.

Quote by mpw View Post
    Had a bit of a look around and found a crossed hammer foundry mark. Unfortunately not a lot of information other than it is an antique German mark possibly on part of a coffee grinding machine.
    Defiantly the same symbol, very interesting. Thank you for showing me this! To think an aircraft part, and coffee grinder have the same hallmark LoL

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi Jarret,
    Well I searched about and couldn’t definitively tie them down – but I can add a bit more info.

1) I am still leaning toward the clamp being Oxygen related – see in the attached photos of the ‘blinker’ and the bottle how the convention for OXY related items was 'electric blue' in the Luftwaffe?

Attachment 1127042 Attachment 1127043

2) As for the other part, it is an access panel of some sort – you can see the circular sections are for “1/2 turn” quick release fasteners ( like the Dzus ones shown here ) I think it would be pretty hard to tie down exactly which aircraft it was from though. Could have been access to any number of items ( camera / radar / gyro compass / ammo chutes / generator )

Attachment 1127045

Cheers, Dan
    WOW!! Danmark, you are a great detective! I can clearly see the same electric blue color on these pieces. After looking at this, im also leaning towards the clamp being oxygen related. VERY interesting. Well, I should have known the large hatch would be hard to ID. The hatch still has one of these quick release fasteners in place, and it looks exactly like the ones you posted. I thought I would add, that this hatch section has some writing scratched into the back section. I read "180" don't know what that means. Thank you so much Danmark for this VERY helpful information. Im still learning the ropes on all these aircraft relics. I love these types of relics so much, but I still need to learn more about them. Look out for another aircraft post from me. Im expecting some awesome parts from a confirmed Ju88 crash site.

Best regards- Jarret

?

Hello!
    I found a Russian speaking forum discussion from 2008 where the same part is discussed (marking R-E 1062-04).
    It is said that it came from He-111 crash site.

I also think it is not Soviet. I think they should not had used Latin letters in the markings.
    Last edited by Egorka; 11-02-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Quote by Egorka View Post
    Hello!
    I found a Russian speaking forum discussion from 2008 where the same part is discussed (marking R-E 1062-04).
    It is said that ot came grom He-111 crash site.

I also think it is not Soviet. I think they should not had used latin letters in the markings.
    WOW! Thank you for sharing this information with me. I had no idea what aircraft it came out of. Really appreciate your help Egorka!

Best regards- Jarret

After a bit of research I finally found out what the large piece is!!

Its a piece of engine cowling to the infamous Ilyushin IL-2 Soviet aircraft. Here is a photo showing its location. I also took a better quality photo of this piece outside. I cant wait to display this!

Best regards- Jarret

Luftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification helpLuftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification helpLuftwaffe Stalingrad relics need identification help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2