Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Messerschmitt bf 109 G 'Rote Sieben'/'Red Seven' crash at airshow.

Article about: The airplane crashed at an airshow in Denmark (Sunday August 18.). Seems the plane did some aerobatics and then developed engine trouble. The pilot bellylanded the plane in a field and walke

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Read this in FlyPast mag today , thankfully no one hurt!

In the same magazine there is an Bf 109E (only one of two flying) for sale for only $4.9 million!

Tempted ?

Nick
    I'll take the Dora please!

Surely a replica though, yes?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Messerschmitt bf 109 G 'Rote Sieben'/'Red Seven' crash at airshow.  

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'll take the Dora please!

Surely a replica though, yes?
    Sounds like the real McCoy Ben !

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Messerschmitt bf 109 G 'Rote Sieben'/'Red Seven' crash at airshow.  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Didn't this Gustav belly land before in 2005?

A lucky or unlucky aircraft? not sure!
    You are correct - in fact it has crashed several times before. Time to retire the 'old' warbird (not many original parts left on that thing, from what I understand).

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    shadows of the past, down in a cornfield.
    Exactly my thought upon seeing the 'Rote Sieben' belly landed in a field.

The B&W pics of the same type of plane downed in fields in WWII England are legion.

Shadows of the past indeed...

?

Sounds like the real McCoy Ben !

Nick
    I was referring to the FW190D and it is the real deal but not airworthy. Bargain at 1.2 million!

FW 190 D9 WNr. 400616, formerly flown by Uffz. Koch of the famous JG 54 “Greenhearts”

This is one out of only two surviving FW 190 D9 worldwide with authentic serial number and battle history. The aircraft even features the original Jumo 213A previously used on this Serial number.

Read this in FlyPast mag today , thankfully no one hurt!

In the same magazine there is an Bf 109E (only one of two flying) for sale for only $4.9 million!

Tempted ?

Nick
    How about you and me buy it Nick, I'll contribute what I can towards it's purchase which is what I currently have in my pocket: $47, a broken pencil, an elastic band and a piece of white blackboard chalk. I'm sure you can cover the rest, I'll sort you out as soon as I can cobber, I'm good for it mate!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    $47, a broken pencil, an elastic band and a piece of white blackboard chalk.
    If it was uncle Adolf's money, pencil, lackie band and chalk you might be set! ........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

How about you and me buy it Nick, I'll contribute what I can towards it's purchase which is what I currently have in my pocket: $47, a broken pencil, an elastic band and a piece of white blackboard chalk. I'm sure you can cover the rest, I'll sort you out as soon as I can cobber, I'm good for it mate!
    Fair dinkum mate Once its delivered I will fly it over to you Dave !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Ahhh! but a few short months ago $47 AUD was real money...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast