Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Mosquito ! Sit down before you read this.

Article about: Suberb sight -well done the Kiwi's Hope all goes well at the launch day tomorrow.

Default Re: Mosquito ! Sit down before you read this.

Is the recon version a common one out there? as the one at the RSA museum I've pictured?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-02-2012 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added text

Default i

The operational one's were quite common Rene.They were the PR marks eg PR.40 was one of two photo recon versions we built .Of our 212 builds 23 were PR's.A reasonable ratio
    I am pretty sure the first operational Mozzies were PR versions.With no armament they could out run most German fighters of 1942-43.
    Cheers Rene
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-02-2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: bloody spelling again

Here's another one that has just arrived for a few repairs. Don't know much about it yet but I think it's from the U.K.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosquito !  Sit down before you read this.   Mosquito !  Sit down before you read this.  

NZ is covered in Mozzies.
    That's three hay Mark.
    Mate do you know the the RAAF serial number of the Bankstown built airframe.I have a complete list of all the Aussie builds and the UK imports with some additional information on each particular aircraft.
    Cheers mate

buuuzzzzz

This is turning out to be a nice tribute thread to the Mozzie! Anyone collect prints of this awesome aircraft?
    Attached Images Attached Images Mosquito !  Sit down before you read this.  Mosquito !  Sit down before you read this.  Mosquito !  Sit down before you read this.  Mosquito !  Sit down before you read this. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    NZ is covered in Mozzies.
    That's three hay Mark.
    Mate do you know the the RAAF serial number of the Bankstown built airframe.I have a complete list of all the Aussie builds and the UK imports with some additional information on each particular aircraft.
    Cheers mate

buuuzzzzz
    Hey Buzz do you have the Stuart Wilson book on RAAF Mozzies it lists all Mozzies used in RAAF Service

Greg

Quote by Studly View Post
    Hey Buzz do you have the Stuart Wilson book on RAAF Mozzies it lists all Mozzies used in RAAF Service

Greg
    Yep.Have a few Stuart Wilsons,they are bloody good ref. material hay.
    Cheers
    Dave

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    This is turning out to be a nice tribute thread to the Mozzie! Anyone collect prints of this awesome aircraft?
    Some fine Robert Taylor's Sickgrenade.
    This is not very impressive I know but I made up a set of aviation based frames by using the better quality cover Taylor type images from warbird magazines many year's ago.I have a few survivors and this mozzie is one of them.Sad but effective.Poor mans originals.
    Don't tell Robert please.

Mosquito !  Sit down before you read this.

High altitude intercept.

Good idea, looks great ! No I wont tell Robert

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Lightbulb Re: Mosquito ! Sit down before you read this.

Quote by Mikey 51 View Post
    Here's another one that has just arrived for a few repairs. Don't know much about it yet but I think it's from the U.K.
    This is Leavesden-built TIII TV959 which for many years adorned one wall of the Imperial War Museum in London ( with one wing sawn off ). It then went to The Fighter Colelction at Duxford where it sat around in bits before being packed into a container at North Weald airfield before 'disappearing' from the Warbird scene,

Good to see it's re-emerged.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast